ays Milos Raonic in his second match at the ATP finals. In

in Bewerbung 19.03.2019 11:55
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

PARIS -- Celebrating the best season of his career, Andy Murray cemented his rise to No. 1 by beating John Isner 6-3, 6-7 (4), 6-4 Sunday to win the Paris Masters for the first time.It was his eighth title this year, his 14th in Masters overall. It also ended Isners bid for a first Masters title.I felt really nervous before the match, Murray said, despite having beaten the big-serving American in all seven of their previous career meetings.Murray will officially replace Novak Djokovic at the top of the rankings when they are published on Monday.It might only be for one week. So, I might as well try and enjoy it, Murray said. Because I could lose it at the (ATP) Tour Finals and never be there again.The 29-year-old Murray is still getting accustomed to his newfound status.I dont really know if its sunk in or not, said Murray, who is a three-time Grand Slam winner and a double Olympic champion. It feels different (to) when I had won a Grand Slam or (the) Olympics.Especially in the number of congratulatory messages.More than Ive had after any match I have played in my life, Murray said. Its very nice, because you have won the respect of the players.Murray recently beat Isner 6-1, 6-3 in the quarterfinals of the Erste Bank Open in Vienna, but this was thoroughly contested.We played last week and the difference was huge, Murray said.Using 18 aces and hitting plenty of inside-out winners on his massive forehand, Isner generated considerable pressure.But he also wasted six break points overall.In the second set, he was 4-3 ahead and 40-0 up on Murrays serve, but failed to punish the Briton -- last years runner-up to Djokovic.But in a rare dip, Murray double-faulted during the tiebreaker and Isner profited to take the set.Isner saved break points on his first two service games of the third set, hanging on as Murray restored his superiority.Then, serving to stay in the match, the 2.08-meter (6-ft-10-inch) American double-faulted to trail 0-30. He won a tough first point and then hit yet another ace to make it 30-30.Isner sank a difficult volley into the net, giving Murray a first match point. With Isner on second serve, Murray dominated a brief rally, pinging a pass down the line that Isner patted into the net with the ball close to his body.It was a hard-fought victory and Isner std with his head down at the net, waiting to congratulate Murray.Murray has won four consecutive tournaments, taking his career tally to 43.Next up is the season-ending ATP finals in London, beginning next Sunday.Murray will cross the English Channel to try and take the title there, having secured his top ranking here.This has been an incredible journey to get to the top of the rankings, said Murray, whose brother Jamie is among the worlds best doubles players.There havent been many tennis players from Scotland over the years, and a lot of what we have done is big credit to our parents, Murray said. Our mum was a tennis coach. She helped us learn the game really and helped us enjoy the game at a young age.The 31-year-old Isner, playing in the third Masters final of his career, ends the year without a title.He lost his other final this season to Australian Nick Kyrgios at Atlanta, Georgia, in August.Some small consolation is that he finishes the year with the most aces at 1,159 -- the fourth time he has achieved this.Murray broke Isner twice, the first time to move 4-2 up in the first set.Isner fought back, a bming forehand winner giving him two break points in the seventh game.Murray saved the first one with a lob -- impressive against such a tall player -- and volley. He rescued the second by forcing an unforced error.Serving for the first set, Murray won the first point with an extraordinary backhand retrieve from a speedy Isner forehand that he somehow turned into a cross-court winner.That was pretty spectacular from him, Isner said. He always clamps down on me when I have a bit of an opening.In the second set, Isner got a deserved ovation in the eighth game when he won a 20-stroke rally.Showing nimble ftwork that belied his size, he traded shots with Murray, winning the point with a superb drop shot and then a forehand winner from Murrays retrieve.Isner was playing his best tennis of the match and had Murray 0-40 down.Murray recovered but gave Isner another chance at deuce.He missed that chance, t.NFL Jerseys Discount . -- Ty Montgomery had 290 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns, and fifth-ranked Stanford held on to beat No. Stitched Nike NFL Jerseys . Datsyuk will miss Tuesdays game against New Jersey and could be sidelined longer, while Cleary will likely miss at least the next three games. Its been an injury-plagued season for Datsyuk, who has suited up for just 39 games. http://www.stitchedjerseysnfl.com/ . But what about the officials? Every sport has officials and they also have stories about hard work and sacrifice but their accomplishments are seldom recognized by anyone outside their inner circle. Cheap NFL Jerseys Online . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. Wholesale NFL Authentic Jerseys . Two pressure cker bombs exploded near the finish line of the April 15 race in an area packed with fans cheering the passing runners. Three people were killed and more than 260 injured, including at least 16 who lost limbs.Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Tuesday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EST:- The third College Ftball Playoff rankings should have a different lk after three of the top four teams lost last weekend. Ohio State should rise, but how far will Clemson, Michigan and Washington fall? Released about 9:15 p.m.- Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson has all but wrapped up the Heisman Trophy. But Oklahomas Dede Westbrk is getting some attention, something rare for a receiver.- Three notable mens college basketball games: No. 1 Duke-No. 7 Kansas (90 p.m.); No. 2 Kentucky-No. 13 Michigan State (7 p.m.); and No. 9 Wisconsin-No. 22 Creighton (80 p.m.).- DOHA, Qatar -- American sprinter Allyson Felix tells Olympic officials they should not be worried by Donald Trumps election when they consider Los Angeles bid for the 2024 Summer Games.- DOHA, Qatar -- IOC President Thomas Bach defends his handling of the Russian doping scandal, attacks critics of the Rio Olympics and contends no cities would have bid for the 2024 Games without his reform program.- SAN JOSE, Costa Rica -- The U.S. tries to avoid an 0-2 start in the final round of World Cup qualifying and attempts to stop its eight-game losing streak in World Cup qualifiers at Costa Rica. Game starts 9:05 p.m.- NEW YORK -- Baseballs Manager of the Year in the AL and NL are awarded..dddddddddddd Announcements start about 6:15 p.m.- CINCINNATI -- The Bengals have reached the playoffs for five straight seasons, a mark few other NFL teams can claim. But the streak is in danger, and Cincinnati is lking more like an also-ran after yet another close loss.- CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Panthers, hit by a string of tight defeats, try to avenge a 41-38 loss to the New Orleans Saints last month when the NFC South rivals play Thursday night.- LONDON -- Novak Djokovic, now dropped to No. 2 in the rankings, plays Milos Raonic in his second match at the ATP finals. In the early match, Dominic Thiem tops Gael Monfils in the season-ending tournament.- Leading the NHL in goals, 18-year-old Patrik Laine of the Winnipeg Jets is leading a wave of young Finnish stars. A generation after Teemu Selanne, the talent keeps flowing from Finland.- NAPLES, Fla. -- Its been a rapid ascent to the level of LPGA elite for Ariya Jutanugarn. So fast, in fact, the 20-year-old player from Thailand is in position to win LPGA player of the year honors.- Former England midfielder Steven Gerrard says he is leaving the Los Angeles Galaxy after two seasons and considering what to do next. The 36-year-old player had spent his entire club career at Liverpl before going to MLS. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 185 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen