r.OL -- Nicholas Vergos, Richmond, Sr.D

in Bewerbung 12.03.2019 07:14
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

CINCINNATI -- So many things went right that the Pittsburgh Pirates couldnt pick just one pleasing moment.Sean Rodriguez homered in both games, and Andrew McCutchen had a bases-loaded single as the Pirates beat the Reds 7-3 on Saturday night for their first doubleheader sweep in Cincinnati since 1990.In the first game, Jameson Taillon pitched five innings and singled to drive in a big league run for the first time during a 10-4 win that officially eliminated the Reds from postseason contention.Nothing pleases me the most, manager Clint Hurdle said. Theres a bunch of things that pleased me. Our offense continued to show up in both games.The Pirates have won the first three games of the series, moving back to 74-74. They opened the day with a 5 1/2-game gap and three teams to overtake for a wild-card berth.McCutchen drove in three runs in the opener and had a bases-loaded single in the nightcap off left-hander Brandon Finnegan (9-11), who lasted only 2 1/3 innings. Rodriguez hit a solo homer, adding to his two-run shot in the first game. Pittsburgh has scored 41 runs in the last four games.The Reds helped by walking nine batters after giving up 10 walks in the opener.Its not up to standards, manager Bryan Price said. Weve given up a lot of runs in this series and most of them in large part because were not throwing the ball over the plate consistently. Walks have started rallies and continued rallies. It slows the tempo of the game. It wasnt a highlight day by any means.Cincinnatis Scott Schebler and Ramon Cabrera homered off rkie starter Trevor Williams, who failed to retire any of the four batters he faced in the fifth inning. Juan Nicasio (10-6) didnt allow a hit in two innings.Williams had made two relief appearances before getting to start again. He left after throwing 56 pitches, the result of not starting for a while.I needed a shutdown inning (in the fifth) and that didnt happen for me, he said. I was running out of gas.In the opener, Taillon (4-4) gave up Adam Duvalls three-run homer during his five innings. His RBI single to center in the fifth made it 7-3, although he didnt realize initially that it would drive in a run.Actually I was so caught up in trying to get to first base and not doing anything stupid, he said. The first major league RBI is pretty cl. I hope Im doing with all of the career `firsts now.The Pirates skipped Taillons previous turn in the rotation, trying to limit the rkies innings. He missed the 2014 and `15 seasons while recovering from Tommy John surgery and an operation to repair a hernia.Pittsburgh sent nine batters to the plate in a 17-minute top of the first inning against Anthony DeSclafani (8-4), scoring four times with the help of three walks and the first of a six combined errors in the game.The first pitch was delayed 62 minutes because of rain. The doubleheader, the first between the teams since a Reds sweep on Aug. 31, 2009, made up a May 10 postponement.HOMER HISTORYThe Reds have allowed 238 homers, one shy of the NL mark (2001 Rockies) and three shy of the major league record (1996 Tigers). The bullpen already has set a major league record with 94 homers allowed, two more than the previous mark by the 1964 Kansas City Athletics.STATSPittsburghs Matt Joyce drew his 21st walk as a pinch-hitter this season, a major league record. ...Nicasio has fanned at least one batter in 29 straight appearances, a single-season record for Pirates relievers. The next-longest streak is Aroldis Chapmans 37 games in 2014.TRAINERS RMPirates: C Fransicso Cervelli tk a foul tip off the inside of his right leg in the opener. After several painful minutes of recuperating, he stayed in the game. ... Starling Marte didnt play in either game because of a sore back.Reds: SS Zack Cozart sat out both games with a sore right knee. Hes missed the last seven.UP NEXTPirates: Ivan Nova (12-6) starts the final game of the series on Sunday. Hes 5-0 with a 2.41 ERA in eight starts since the Pirates acquired him in a trade with the Yankees.Reds: Dan Straily (12- will make his fifth start of the season against the Pirates. Hes 1-2 with a 3.12 ERA against Pittsburgh.---Follow Joe Kay on Twitter: http://twitter.com/apjoekayClearance NFL Jerseys . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies. Wholesale Jerseys . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Ftball Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. http://www.jerseysnflchina.net/ .ca NBA Power Rankings, ahead of the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic . In what the team had called a retirement, Ryan said Thursday that he is resigning as chief executive of the Rangers in a move effective at the end of this month. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys .S District Court against Major League Baseball, the Office of the Commissioner and his own union, the MLBPA.(STATS) -- Dont expect any red carpets rolled out before Villanova ftball games this year. Not surprisingly, coach Andy Talley wants to low-key his 32nd and final season with the Wildcats.Because I dont really feel like Im leaving, he said.Everybody else wants to make a big deal about the 73-year-olds swan song. His players are thinking the CAA Ftball championship and an FCS playoff berth are the perfect gd-bye gifts.We want to send him off on a gd note, senior defensive end Tanoh Kpassagnon said.Its not out of the question after Villanova was picked fourth in the CAA preseason poll at media day Tuesday in Baltimore. Last years tri-champions preceded the Wildcats in the voting, with Richmond picked first, William & Mary second and James Madison third.Richmond, which returns 16 starters from a team that went 10-4 and reached the national semifinals, had the most players on the CAA preseason team with seven, led by the two preseason players of the year, junior quarterback Kyle Lauletta (offense) and senior safety David Jones (defense).Talley guided Villanova to the FCS national title in 2009 -- the most recent in the CAAs storied history. Last years team probably had a better chance to get to Frisco, Texas, for the final than this years team, but that chance blew up when All-America quarterback John Robertson suffered a season-ending knee injury in September.The Wildcats finished 6-5 overall and 5-3 in the CAA, tying for fourth place. But Zach Bednarczyk got seasoned behind center as a redshirt freshman, making the Wildcats better equipped for this season. With the defense among the CAAs best again, Talley will keep building on his schl-record 221 wins and CAA-record 136 conference victories.You know, 32 years is a long time at a schl, said Talley, who has 249 overall wins, counting five seasons at St. Lawrence, and I still have my health, Im enjoying myself, my (Be The Match) foundation (for the national bone marrow program) is doing a lot of great work and I want to spend a little more time doing that.Mark Ferrante, our long-time associate head coach is really more than ready to be the head coach. And the fact that our staff can stay on and continue to be there in gd fashion. So all of that added up to this is a gd time for me to walk away and watch the program continue to prosper.Villanova won four of its final six games last year to gain momentum -- although Talleys final season provides even more juice. The Wildcats return five starters on each side of the ball with talent movving up from the second units.ddddddddddddThey also dont face William & Mary or New Hampshire (a playoff qualifier in 12 straight seasons) in the CAAs unbalanced schedule.(Bednarczyk) has a great arm, and he can he run and get you out of trouble, Talley said. So its (about) when to throw, when not to throw. And I think he picked that up as time went on. He has a little more base operation of our offense now. Im very excited about Zach.If we can keep our (defensive) average per game around 17 or 18 points a game, I think we stand the chance to be pretty gd this year.The conference race has a clear favorite in Richmond. This year marked just the second time in 10 years that a program was named the team to beat while collecting both preseason offensive and defensive player of the year honors.James Madison and William & Mary gained five selections each on the 28-member preseason team.---=CAA FTBALL PRESEASON POLL=Head Coaches and Sports Information Directors Poll1. Richmond (19 first-place votes), 2832. William & Mary (1), 2503. James Madison, 2094. Villanova, 1975. New Hampshire (3), 1866. Towson, 1807. Delaware, 1718. Stony Brk, 1119. Maine (1), 10710. Elon, 7211. Albany, 6912. Rhode Island, 37---=CAA FTBALL PRESEASON TEAM=Offensive Player of the Year -- Kyle Lauletta, QB, RichmondDefensive Player of the Year -- David Jones, S, RichmondOffenseQB -- Kyle Lauletta, Richmond, Jr.RB -- Kendell Anderson, William & Mary, Sr.RB -- Darius Victor, Towson, Sr.FB -- James Pavik, Richmond, Sr.WR -- Ray Bolden, Stony Brk, Jr.WR -- Brian Brown, Richmond, Sr.WR -- Brandon Ravenel, James Madison, Sr.TE -- Andrew Caskin, William & Mary, Jr.OL -- Connor Bozick, Delaware, Sr.OL -- Thomas Evans, Richmond, Sr.OL -- Mitchell Kirsch, James Madison, Sr.OL -- Timon Parris, Stony Brk, Jr.OL -- Jerry Ugokwe, William & Mary, Sr.OL -- Nicholas Vergos, Richmond, Sr.DefenseDL -- Andrew Ankrah, James Madison, Jr.DL -- Tanoh Kpassagnon, Villanova, Sr.DL -- Pat Ricard, Maine, Sr.DL -- Aaron Thompson, Stony Brk, Sr.LB -- Charles Bell, Delaware, Jr.LB -- Omar Howard, Richmond, Sr.LB -- Adam Parker, Rhode Island, Sr.S -- Raven Greene, James Madison, Sr.S -- David Jones, Richmond, Sr.CB -- Casey DeAndrade, New Hampshire, Sr.CB -- Taylor Reynolds, James Madison, Jr.Special TeamsRS -- Harold Cper, Rhode Island, Jr.PK -- Nick Dorka, William & Mary, Jr.P -- Hunter Windmuller, William & Mary, Sr. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 227 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen