y: Im a student of the game. I watch a l

in Bewerbung 11.03.2019 12:55
von dasg234 | 1.004 Beiträge

KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- Kyle Busch continued his dominance of the Xfinity Series at Kansas Speedway on Saturday.Elliott Sadler and Daniel Suarez continued their chase for a title.Pulling double-duty this weekend, Busch led 150 of the 200 laps in a thoroughly dominant performance for his ninth series win of the season. It was also his third straight Xfinity win at Kansas, where he won in his Sprint Cup car for the first time this spring.There were a lot of things trying to work against us toward the end, but we just persevered, said Busch, who at one point was a lap down. We had great speed. I think we showed it all weekend. It was just a matter of putting it all together and ending up in victory lane, where we deserved to be.Sadler finished second and Suarez finished third to give the Chase contenders a nice start to the three-race round of eight, which now takes a two-week break before continuing at Texas.Everyone is starting off square, Sadler said, so youre trying to get a point here and get a point there. Now everybody will have different strategies as we go to Texas and Phoenix.Two more Sprint Cup regulars, Joey Logano and Kyle Larson, waged an entertaining duel to round out the top five. But it was some drama around them in the closing laps that shk up the title chase.Justin Allgaier and Darrell Wallace Jr. were involved in a late wreck, though Allgaiers partially destroyed car was able to finish a lap down in 14th. Wallace wound up 33rd and now has a massive deficit to make up the next two races if he wants to avoid elimination.Pretty hard hit. Just unfortunate, said Wallace, who was blinking away some pain when he tk off his helmet. We were making some gd calls and running our own race and thats part of it.I think we could have gotten a top-10 if we hit our restarts right, but just not our day.Nor was it Brendan Gaughans day. He went slip-sliding through the grass on the front stretch late in the race and wound up 31st -- though he did provide some comic relief when he sprinted from the infield care center back to his car in an attempt to squeeze a few more laps in before the finish.It wound up having no bearing on his result.Erik Jones also had a gripe after spending most of the day near the front. He was hit from behind by Larson on a late restart, sending him into Ty Dillon and causing enough damage to force a costly pit stop.Jones ended finishing 15th, fifth among the eight drivers competing for a championship.Its all my fault, Larson told his spotter after the impact.Blake Koch finished ninth in a strong start to the round for his championship hopes, while Ryan Reed dealt with a series of problems all afternn and finished behind Allgaier and Jones in 16th.Now, theyll all be chasing Sadler and Suarez over the next two races.We had a great race. So proud of my team, Sadler said. We kept working on the car, working on the car, getting better and better. I just have to do a better job of out-running that 18 car.Bert Blyleven Jersey . From filmmaker Nanette Burstein (On the Ropes), The Price of Gold revisits the saga that rocked the figure skating world ahead of the 1994 Lillehammer Olympic Winter Games: the assault on Nancy Kerrigan, and the plot that led its way back to her rival Tonya Harding. Kirby Puckett Jersey . Roman Josi had a goal and an assist to lead the Predators to a 4-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Monday night. http://www.cheaptwinsjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-brian-dozier-jersey . With the short-handed Warriors needing help from someone -- anyone -- to stop a three-game skid, ONeal returned from right knee and groin injuries that had sidelined him for four games and put up season highs with 18 points and eight rebounds. It was just enough to help lift Golden State to a 102-101 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. Phil Hughes Jersey . -- The Magic have their first victory of the new year. Tony Oliva Jersey . He says so-called TRT is only one problem and he wants to go even further than the ban. "Its about time," St-Pierre told reporters at a promotional event in Montreal on Friday. "I think its a gd thing.TORONTO -- After watching DeMar DeRozan drop more than 30 points on an opponent for the eighth time in nine games this season, Toronto coach Dwane Casey suggested that the game keeps slowing down for the NBAs leading scorer.DeRozan, who is averaging 34.0 points after scoring 33 in the Raptors 118-107 victory over the New York Knicks on Saturday night, agreed.Yeah, I always find ways I can be better mentally, physically, skill-wise, he said following Torontos fourth straight win over New York. I always try to find something in the offseason and during the season as well.The outburst put DeRozan in an exclusive club. In the last 50 years, only Michael Jordan, World B. Free and Tiny Archibald have started a season registering 30-plus points in eight of the first nine games.In a see-saw game that saw 27 lead changes, DeRozan provided a reassuring presence for a team that started one rkie in Pascal Siakum and a second-year player in Norman Powell, who had 19 points.Point guard Kyle Lowry, who scored what turned out to be the winning points with 1:41 to play on a driving layup, pointed to DeRozans fourth-quarter, 4-point play.He was serenaded with chants of MVP! MVP! from the crowd as he put the game out of reach with 26.8 seconds to go.Were just going to keep riding that coattail, Lowry said. Were going to keep letting him do him. Were going to rally around him and keep helping him be great.Carmelo Anthony scored 31 points, while Kristaps Porzingis and Derrick Rose added 21 apiece. Rose, who seemed to be favoring his shoulder at points in the game, said it was just a stinger.Losing, it hurts, period, Rose said after the Knicks fell to 3-6. Ive never been a loser in my life and just got to figure ways out. Were closer, a lot closer and the effort that we had, we need to find that effort for the entire game.TIP-INSKnicks: New York is 0-2 in the back end of back-to-back games. It has 15 such games this season. . The Knicks havent won a season series against thhe Raptors since the 2010-11 season, and are 4-9 against them in their last 13 games.ddddddddddddRaptors: F DeMarre Carroll was dropped from the starting lineup for the first time this season to give him some rest. Powell tk his place. . Former Raptor Muggsy Bogues was in attendance, throwing signed basketballs into the crowd. . Saturdays game marked the first of 16 Atlantic Division games for Toronto. The Raptors have not lost a season series with their division rivals since 2012-13.OLD IS NEW AGAINThe Raptors wore blue throwback jerseys in tribute to the Toronto Huskies of the old Basketball Association of America, which eventually became the NBA. The Huskies hosted the New York Knickerbockers on Nov. 1, 1946, at Torontos Maple Leaf Gardens in what the NBA regards as the first game in its history, won 68-66 by the Knicks. The Raptors will wear the Huskies blue uniforms and play on a specially designed Huskies court on six occasions this season, and now have a 5-3 record when wearing the throwback uniforms.THEY SAID ITPowell on guarding Anthony: Im a student of the game. I watch a lot of film, especially guys I lk up to. Ive watched so much Carmelo Anthony in my day, played with him so much in (video game NBA) 2K. The Knicks were my favorite team.STRO SHOWToronto Blue Jays pitcher Marcus Stroman watched the game from courtside, and threw a few signed mini basketballs into the crowd, launching a couple of the souvenirs all the way to the back of the lower bowl.UP NEXTKnicks: Host Dallas on Monday lking to snap a five-game losing streak against the Mavericks, who have won three straight at Madison Square Garden.Raptors: Visit Cleveland on Tuesday for the first time since last seasons Eastern Conference finals. The Cavaliers beat the Raptors in Toronto last month in the first of four meetings between the teams this season. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 200 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen