home winning streak to 34 games.PO

in Spam Area!!! 11.03.2019 06:13
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Russell Westbrks seven-game streak of triple-doubles ended Sunday night in a 99-96 victory over the Boston Celtics.Its not as if a 37-point, 12-rebound, six-assist game is a disappointment. But Oklahoma Citys All-Star guard was closer to mortal against the Celtics.I know everybody likes to talk about the triple-doubles, OKC coach Billy Donovan told the media afterward. What hes done has been remarkable, but what he did (Sunday) wasnt any less remarkable, just because he didnt have a few more assists.Westbrk can try to start a new streak Tuesday night when the Thunder (15-9) visit the Portland Trail Blazers (12-14) at Moda Center. He may be without his backcourt mate, however.Victor Oladipo missed Mondays practice with a wrist sprained in a hard fall during the first quarter against Boston. Donovan said Oladipo, who is averaging 16.1 points and shting 38.1 percent from 3-point range, is questionable for the matchup with the Blazers.Westbrk says hes not concerned about his triple-double streak ending.A winning streak is more important to me, he said. I dont care about the (triple-double) streak. Thats a small part of my game. Whats important is trying to get a win.Oklahoma Citys winning streak is at just one game, but the Thunder have won seven of the last 10, thanks in no small part to center Steven Adams recent upsurge in offensive firepower. Adams scored 16 points on 7-for-8 shting against the Celtics, two days after tallying 24 points while hitting 8 of 9 shots against Houston.Portland (12-14) comes into Tuesdays game on a four-game losing streak after falling 121-120 to the Los Angeles Clippers at Staples Center on Monday night. The Blazers opened a five-game trip with a 112-110 win at Chicago, then dropped four in a row.The Blazers have played plenty of gd offense, and they did again against the Clippers, who have now beaten them three straight times this season. Damian Lillard had 24 points, eight assists and five rebounds; CJ McCollum contributed 25 points, five rebounds and three assists; and center Mason Plumlee collected 18 points, seven rebounds, six assists and five blocked shots.Portland shot 50.8 percent, including 47.6 (10 for 21) from 3-point range, and fired at an 88 percent clip from the foul line. But defense, a problem all season long, was again an issue. The Clippers shot 47.2 percent from the field, .478 from the 3-point line and .929 from the foul line while committing only 11 turnovers.After the OKC game, it doesnt get easier for the Blazers, who head back onto the road for stops at Denver, Golden State and Sacramento.A 12-14 record isnt what we want, but its not the worst thing in the world, Lillard told reporters. There are teams below us. Things could be worse. But we also know weve got to be better. We came into this season expecting much more of ourselves. So thats disappointing. New Balance Outlet Online .ca lks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. New Balance Shoes Clearance . LOUIS -- Attorneys for the St. http://www.cheapnewbalance.net/ . The Montreal Canadiens announced on Friday that the veteran forward will return to the teams line-up on Saturday night when the Habs visit the Nashville Predators. Cheap New Balance Shoes From China . He was followed closely by David Clarkson, donning red, seconds later. Clarksons actions one night earlier, leaping off the bench in defence of Kessel during a pre-season game against the Buffalo Sabres, will cost him the first 10 games of the regular season. New Balance Outlet Store .2 billion agreement with Rogers Communications for the leagues broadcast and multimedia rights. SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- The tenaciousness of top-ranked Notre Dames defense, the speed of its offense and a crowd of 8,106 overwhelmed No. 17 Washington early in the Preseason WNIT final on Sunday and the Huskies never recovered.The Fighting Irish jumped to a 12-0 start and led 25-8 at the end of the first quarter en route to a 71-60 victory on Sunday as Arike Ogunbowale led Notre Dame with 17 points and Kathryn Westbeld added 14 points and eight rebounds. Ogunbowale and Marina Mabrey had four steals each as Notre Dame forced 17 turnovers, leading to 19 points.Transition is our game. We want to get out and run, Notre Dame coach Muffet McGraw said. I think thats one of the things were known for.Washington coach Mike Neighbors said the male players who the Huskies normally practice against werent available the past few days so it made it tougher to prepare for Notre Dames speed.Wow are they fast, he said.After trailing by as many as 20 points early in the second quarter and 19 late in the third quarter, the Huskies (3-1) closed to 63-53 on a basket by Chantel Osahor with 5:53 left. But Ogunbowale hit a basket inside and Turner hit a free throw and scored on a rebound as the Irish regained control.Turner added 10 points and 12 rebounds for the Irish (4-0).Kelsey Plum, who entered the game averaging 30 points, finished with 22 points on 7 of 19 shting, including 2 of 6 from 3-point range. Plum credited Notre Dames defense.They sat on my left hand the entire game. They made me take a step back, fadeaway jump shots, and I didnt knock as many down as I should have, she said.The Huskies entered the game shting 48.2 percent from 3-point range, but only shot 32 percent on Sunday.Washington, which hadnt trailed by more than seven points in its first three games, missed their ffirst five shots and had four turnovers while the Irish hit 5 of 8 shots.ddddddddddddI think once we got punched in the mouth we just settled down, and said, `Thats OK. Thats why theyre No. 1 in the country. Lets start playing basketball now. So I think that initial punch, it was cl to see our team battle throughout and play them even, Plum said. I think that will help us in the tournament and future big games. I think well be a little bit more prepared from the jump.BIG PICTUREWashington: The Huskies, playing on the road for the first time, struggled shting early and couldnt hit consistently from 3-point range as they usually do. ... They fell 0-7 all-time against teams ranked No. 1.Notre Dame: After struggling both offensively and defensively in a four-point win against Green Bay, the Irish played much better at both and in extending their home winning streak to 34 games.POLL IMPLICATIONSWashington: The Huskies outscored the Irish 52-46 after a slow start so the loss shouldnt hurt them in the poll and could help them.Notre Dame: The win over a ranked team might be enough to keep hold of the top ranking, although the Irish could be hurt by the way they struggled to a four-point win over Green Bay on Thursday.HE SAID IT:Were not used to playing in front of 8,100 people. So that had a lot to do with it, Neighbors said.UP NEXTWashington: The Huskies host Idaho on Tuesday and Seattle on Saturday before playing at Portland on Sunday.Notre Dame: The Irish play Louisiana-Lafayette in Houston on Tuesday, a neutral-site home game for the Irish so Turner can play near her home in Pearland, before returning home to face TCU at home on Saturday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 251 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen