week before the game, on Friday, we

in Spam Area!!! 07.03.2019 07:46
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

DALLAS -- When the Colorado Avalanche and Dallas Stars meet Thursday night at American Airlines Center, both teams hope to have important contributors back on the ice.Colorado, which beat the visiting Los Angeles Kings 4-1 on Tuesday, is starting a three-game road trip. The Avalanche (7-8-0) might see the return of forward Matt Duchene, who leads the team with six goals and 11 points.Duchene missed the past two games with concussion symptoms.Meanwhile, the Stars (6-6-5) could get back center Cody Eakin, who has yet to play this season due to a knee injury he sustained during preseason.Duchene said after practice Wednesday, I feel gd right now. Well see what (Wednesday) brings. I feel better every day. Today I felt like I could be myself out there.Avalanche coach Jared Bednar shares Duchenes optimism that the veteran could be back in the mix against Colorados Central Division rivals.As long as he feels gd ... then he should be a player for us, Bednar said.Two Colorado players who scored in the win against the Kings, captain Gabriel Landeskog and defenseman Patrick Wiercioch, missed practice Wednesday, absences which Bednar termed as maintenance days.I think they both got dinged up just a little bit (Tuesday) night, Bednar said. I think theyre going to be fine, but were just going to keep them off the ice (Wednesday).One decision Bednar already made about Thursday is that Semyon Varlamov, who stopped 32 of 33 shots against the Kings, will start between the pipes.Hes played three really strong games here for us, Bednar said. We like what (Varlamov) has done lately, so were going to go with him again.Dallas started its three-game homestand with a 2-1 overtime loss to the New Jersey Devils on Tuesday, the Stars ninth consecutive OT defeat.Stars coach Lindy Ruff didnt like the energy level he saw from his team against the Devils, so he made both Wednesdays practice and Thursdays morning skate optional.This is a physical grind, its a mental grind, Ruff said Wednesday. We had a team that lacked energy (Tuesday) night. Im going to try to switch things up maybe from game to game. I think it mentally freshens up our personnel.One player who was on the ice at the Stars practice facility in Frisco, Texas, on Wednesday was Eakin. He was a key faceoff man who centered Dallas top line for a gd part of last season.Feeling pretty gd, getting back to where I want to be, Eakin said after practice Wednesday.Ruff makes no secret of his love for Eakins game and what he brings to the ice for Dallas, qualities the Stars missed so far this season.Well, he is our guy that typically goes head to head with the other teams top player, Ruff said of Eakin. Hes probably our best down-low centerman. He brings some speed down the middle, which is important for our game.At some point this week, Dallas also figures to get back veteran forward Patrick Sharp, who missed the past 13 games due to a concussion he sustained Oct. 20 against the Kings.However, instead of seeing Sharp back on the ice against Colorado, it sounds like a more realistic scenario that his return would be Saturday against the Edmonton Oilers, according to Ruff.No matter whether Duchene returns for the Avalanche or Eakin is back on the ice for the Stars, the man behind the Dallas bench knows what sort of game is in store for both teams on Thursday evening.Well, I expect a desperate team, Ruff said of the Avalanche. Its a team that got off to a real gd start, struggled a little bit, and now they seem to be going a little bit better. Theyve got gd speed up front. I want to see our energy up. I want to see our puck possession up. Saucony Shoes Online Australia . Rousey will put her perfect 8-0 record and hardware on the line against another undefeated fighter, 7-0 Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas Nevada on February 22nd. Cheap Saucony Shoes Australia .com) - Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Roger Federer were easy first-round winners Tuesday at the Australian Open. http://www.cheapsauconyaustralia.com/ . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies. Saucony Shoes Outlet . William Carrier opened the scoring for Cape Breton (6-4-2), but Andrew Ryan tied the game and Brent Andrews put the Mseheads (8-6-0) in front for gd with a short-handed goal at 13:49 of the second period. Buy Saucony Shoes Australia . -- Nate Robinson has played for seven teams, so beating one of them is no longer a rare occurrence. CHAMPAIGN, Ill. -- In a rebuilding season for Illinois, even the homecoming opponent is coming to town with a winning record and payback on its mind.For the second time in three season Illinois (2-5, 1/3 Big Ten) has lined up Minnesota as its homecoming opposition. Last time the Illini upset a Golden Gophers team that competing for a Big Ten West title, winning 28-24 on a late fumble returned for a touchdown.Minnesota quarterback Mitch Leidner was there, and he says it was one of the first things coach Tracy Claeys stressed to the Golden Gophers (5-2, 2-2) this week. Not that Claeys needed to, Leidner said.Guys are hungry and excited to go down there and redeem ourselves, the redshirt senior said.The Gophers are coming off a comeback win of their own, 34-32 over Rutgers, a team Illinois beat by 17.But after last weeks 41-8 los at Michigan, the Illini arent talking about their win two seasons ago or the win over Rutgers two weeks ago.We lost big, first-year coach Lovie Smith said. This isnt a week to talk about any of us, improvement weve made.QUARTERBACK QUESTIONSSmith refuses to discuss injuries with reporters, leaving everyone outside his team guessing the this week and last about who would start at quarterback with injuries to usual starter Wes Lunt (back), backup Chayce Crouch (shoulder). Third-string quarterback Jeff George Jr., the son the former NFL QB, started at Michigan and could see the field again this week. If so, Smith thinks the redshirt freshman will show he learned a lot from his 4-15, 95-yard day at Michigan.I think, traditionally, yes, you get that, Smith said. When you get out in the game you learn an awful lot about how life really is under center.HAVING HARDINThe Gophers will benefit from cornerback KiAnte Hardin being back in the starting lineup. The sophomore was out last Saturday against Rutgers, one of five players barred from TCF Bank Stadium because of a restraining order later requested by an allegedd victim of a Sept.dddddddddddd 2 incident who works at the stadium on game days. Hardin, whos tied for the team lead with two interceptions, also missed three games earlier this season during a team-issued suspension during a police investigation that produced no arrests or charges.Because the Gophers are on the road, though, Hardin will be free to play against the Illini.One of our 11 best players, and we count on him when hes available to us, Claeys said.LINING UPThe Gophers started three junior-college transfers on the offensive line last week with left tackle Donnell Greene, right guard Vincent Calhoun and right tackle Garrison Wright. Only one starter, center Tyler Mre, was in the lineup last season. But the group has not only helped pave the way for a productive rushing attack led by Rodney Smith and Shannon Brks, but it has allowed only five sacks, the fewest in the Big Ten and eighth-fewest in FBS.Every single week before the game, on Friday, we get a tips and reminder sheet, left guard Jared Weyler said. And every single week, one of those bullet points is no sacks and no hits. We take a lot of pride in protecting Mitch.RUNNING PREFERREDIn a season of run-heavy offenses in the Big Ten, Minnesota and Illinois are among the teams most reliant on the ground game. The Gophers average 212.4 rushing yards a game and Illinois averages 173.7.RED ZONE PROSPECTSMinnesotas scoring defense hasnt been bad, giving up 22.9 points a game. But when Illinois finds itself in the Gopher red zone, the Illini have to like their chances. The Gophers red zone defense is the worst in the Big Ten, giving up scores on 19 of the 20 trips. Thirteen of those have been touchdowns.---Follow David Mercer on Twitter: (at)davidmercerAP---Online:Associated Press college ftball coverage: tball.ap.org/" target="_blank">http://www.collegeftball.ap.org/ ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 9 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen