last 20 years.Now its on to the PGA Championship in less than two weeks,

in Spam Area!!! 07.03.2019 07:46
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

A defining chapter in Team Liquids Juan Hungrybox DeBiedmas legacy was about to be written. He was considered a god of Super Smash Bros. Melee but never the best -- a great player who was never able to win the big one at the Evolution Championship Series (Evo). When Melee first came back into the circuit in 2013, Hungrybox finished an admirable third place, while archrival Joseph Mango Marquez tk home the grand prize. The next year, it was the same story told once more: Hungrybox lost to Mango, this time in the grand finals.Mango was on his way to becoming known as the greatest Melee player of all time and achieving his 3vo title for a third consecutive Evo trophy. Hungrybox, a consistent top-four finisher, was his villainous foil, playing the role of Wile E. Coyote to Mangos Road Runner. Hungryboxs style also didnt lend himself to cheers from the fans, as his defensive, fluttery approach to his main Jigglypuff was seen as the antithesis of Melees spirit. Mango, by contrast, channeled that spirit; he was brash, had a huge personality and enjoyed a flashy, aggressive style.Last year, Swedens Adam Armada Lindgren tk home his first championship, and Hungrybox had to watch from the main stage as the world champion mantle shifted from the fun-loving Mango to the calculating, intellectual Swede. Two straight losses in the Evo finals to polar opposite personalities, and Hungrybox wasnt the crowd favorite in either final; even in front of Hungryboxs home crowd against a player from overseas, Armada garnered louder cheers due to his more attractive style of play.Flash-forward to 2016: the year of Hungrybox. He has won various major tournaments, played a more up-tempo style with his Jigglypuff and came into Evolution as one of the major favorites to win it all -- alongside Mango and Armada. Regardless of how many titles he had won before this weekend, it wouldnt matter if he didnt finish first. This competition was everything in terms of Hungryboxs legacy as a professional player.Mango wanted his 3vo. Armada wanted his back-to-back championships. For Hungrybox, this was more than just wanting something: He needed gold. Without it, he would just be the guy who constantly fell at the final hurdle to his rivals.When the top eight began at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas on Sunday, it seemed like the past would repeat itself. In the winners bracket of the final eight competitors, Hungrybox lost in the first round to his former doubles partner, Panda Globals Justin Plup McGrath, in a major upset. Hungryboxs usual technical Jigglypluff play did nothing against Plups Sheik, and the perennial finalist was sent to the lower bracket to fight his way through for a chance to win the Evolution championship.That is where his marathon run through the competition began, first knocking out Tempo Storms Johnny S2J Kim in straight sets before meeting Mango in the next round. Although Mango, the two-time champion of Evo, was able to take the first game of the series, Hungrybox fought back on Battlefield and Pokemon Stadium against Mangos Fox to eliminate him from the tournament. After defeating the nemesis who had disposed of him two years ago in his first Evolution final, he found himself in a rematch against Plup. This time around it was Hungrybox who would take the win, with Team Liquids ace once again dropping the first stage before roaring back to take the series 3-1.It would be three straight finals for Hungrybox -- and one best-of-five loss away from going down as the Silver King of Evolution: the player who had lost on the grand stage three years in a row. Armada, already sitting in the finals without dropping a match, was ready to inscribe his name in the history bks alongside Mango as the second player to take consecutive championships in Las Vegas.At first, the finals seemed to be going Hungryboxs way. The first two sets quickly went over to the American player, and he was one stage away from getting a reset on the bracket to force a single best-of-five to determine the champion. But, just as it felt like the momentum was on Hungryboxs side, everything fell apart: Armada started playing more methodically, and by the time the fourth map came to an end, the Swedish champion was on the verge of four-stocking the challenger.On his last life, with his tournament run on the line, Hungryboxs back was pushed firmly against the wall. Then, in what can only be described as one of the greatest reversals in Evolution history, the Florida native came back at over 100 percent of damage to blast Armadas Fox off the stage and reset the bracket. Hungrybox, not knowing how to contain himself, leaped up from his chair, threw his hands over his head in disbelief and then rushed right back as he realized he had no time to waste before going into the ultimate best-of-five series.Hungrybox came back in the final series for the third time on the night after dropping the first stage, and it would end in another 3-2 result, with Hungrybox taking Armadas crown after final map Pokemon Stadium. The next time up from his chair Hungrybox didnt need to think about anything, his mind blank and heart filled with nothing but pure joy as the crowd cheered.Tears filled his eyes as Hungrybox received the trophy that had eluded him for years. For in the final moments that were going to define his legacy as a pro gamer, he had pulled through. He tk his revenge against the player who had sent him to the losers bracket, and he defeated the two players who beat him in previous Evolution finals.Because of his heroics on Sunday night, Hungrybox is now the best in the world. And for at least one night, he can stand in the center of the Melee universe as cheers rain down around him, smiling because his legacy will be cemented in gold, not silver. Nike Free Cheap Online . But Bourque, who has missed three games with a lower-body injury, wont be in the lineup when the Habs travel to Buffalo to take on the Sabres on Wednesday. Nike Free Australia .ca lks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. http://www.nikefreecheapaustralia.com/ . Louis. To which I would say two things: 1. Where there is smoke, there is or perhaps has been a little fire. Or, in other words, the two teams would appear to have at least spoken. And spoken is defined as one calling the other to inquire, no more, no less. Cheap Nike Free Shoes .C. United of Major League Soccer. United chose the defender in the second round of the 2013 MLS re-entry draft. Nike Free Sale Australia . - NASCAR announced a 33-race schedule for the 2014 Nationwide Series with virtually no changes from this years slate. TRN, Scotland -- They walked off the 18th green together, arms wrapped around each other, forever linked by one of golfs greatest duels.Henrik Stenson and Phil Mickelson.No losers here, but only one winner.Stenson claimed the claret jug, a major champion for the first time at age 40. All it tk was 10 birdies and a magnificent 8-under 63 in the closing round of the British Open.Right on his heels, almost to the very end, was Mickelson. Lefty shot a bogey-free 65, gd enough to win on just about any Sunday but this one, another runner-up finish in a major providing little consolation.Im happy for Henrik, said Mickelson, who finished three shots behind Stensons record score for a major championship. I knew that he would ultimately come through and win. Im disappointed that it was at my expense.This was a shot-for-shot showdown that mirrored Tom Watson and Jack Nicklaus at Turnberry in 1977, the famed Duel in the Sun.Maybe it was a sign when the sun popped out from behind the clouds for the first time in three days at Royal Trn just as Stenson and Mickelson walked to the first tee.I knew he wasnt going to back down at any point, said Stenson, whose 20-under 264 beat the scoring mark of 265 that David Toms set at the 2001 PGA Championship and was three shots better than anyone had ever shot in the Open. I knew I had to keep on pushing, keep on giving myself birdie chances.For Mickelson, there was no second-guessing the way he played. This wasnt another Winged Ft, where his silly decision to attack on the 72nd hole cost him the U.S. Open in 2006. But it was still a runner-up finish in a major, the 11th of his career, his extensive list of close calls surpassed only by Nicklaus 19.Mickelson knew there wasnt much more he could do.Still, this one hurt just as much as the rest of them.In a way, maybe even a little more.Its probably the best Ive played and not won, Mickelson said. I dont have a point where I can lk back and say, `I should have done that or `Had I only done this. I played a bogey-free round of 65 on the final round of a major. Usually thats gd enough to do it. And I got beat.At 46, Mickelson knows his window of opportunity is beginning to close.He wouldve been the oldest winner of the Open since 1867.No one older than 48 has ever captured a major.I played what I feel was well enough to win this championship by a number of strokes, and yet I got beat by three strokes, he said. You know, its not like I have decades left of opportunities to win majors, so each one means a lot to me. And I put in my best performance today. Played close to flawless golf and got beat.Stenson has llong been one of the better players on the PGA Tour, but hed never been in the final group of a major before this one.ddddddddddddHe lked like hed done it all before. Many times, in fact.Its not something you want to run around and shout, but I felt like this was going to be my turn, Stenson said.Even with a couple of three-putt bogeys and a 5-ft birdie attempt that slid by the cup at 17, Stenson became only the second player to close with a 63 in the final round of a major. Johnny Miller did it first in 1973, rallying from six shots down to capture the U.S. Open by a single stroke.This one was more like the 39-year-old showdown between Watson and Nicklaus at another course in the British Open rotation, the one 25 miles down the Scottish coastline. Watsons 65 was just enough for a one-stroke victory against Nicklaus 66, with the next-closest player another 10 shots back. On Sunday, J.B. Holmes finished third, 11 shots behind the runner-up.I thought we played great and had a wonderful match, Nicklaus wrote on his Facebk page, remembering Turnberry. Our final round was really gd, but theirs was even better. What a great match.Stenson began the day with a one-stroke lead. Neither player could push the margin any higher than that until they got to the 15th, the Swede again up by a shot after rolling in an 18-ft birdie the previous hole.Mickelson had the edge, putting his approach on the green, about 30 feet from the flag. Stensons second shot rolled off the right side of the green, leaving him with a 50-ft putt up the ridge.Stenson made his. Mickelson didnt.That was the decisive blow.We both played some great golf, Stenson said. It makes it even more special to beat a competitor like Phil. Hes been one of the best to play the game, certainly in the last 20 years.Now its on to the PGA Championship in less than two weeks, the schedule compressed because of the Olympics.For Mickelson, its a chance to get over the sting of such a bitter defeat. He won the PGA the last time it was played at Baltustol in 2005.For Stenson, its a chance to quickly add another major to the one he waited so long to get.Were only getting started, arent we? he said, a newfound confidence in his voice. You never know once you open the fldgates what might happen.---Follow Paul Newberry on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pnewberry1963 . His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/paul-newberry .---This story has been corrected to show that the U.S. Open was at Winged Ft in 2006. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 57 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen