in school history to run for 1,000 yards in a season

in Spam Area!!! 07.03.2019 07:46
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

SAN FRANCISCO -- New York Mets right-hander Matt Harvey will skip his scheduled start on Saturday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, making it even more likely he could start the All-Star game. Manager Terry Collins made the announcement before the Mets series finale Wednesday with the San Francisco Giants. He says a minor blister has recently bothered the young ace. Harvey is a top candidate to start the All-Star game for the National League next Tuesday night at Citi Field, the Mets home. "No. 1, hes thrown 130 innings and hes going to be limited this summer," Collins said. "Part of the reason is also his blister issue." "We need to back him off and now is a gd time," Collins said. "If he pitches in the All-Star game hell be ready for it." Harvey is 7-2 with a 2.35 ERA and leads the league with league with 147 strikeouts. The 24-year-old Harvey said being ready to pitch in the All-Star game didnt have much to do with the decision to skip his next start. "My goal is to finish a full season," he said. "The last thing I want to do is find myself at 210 innings at the very beginning of September and get shut down again. That was not fun. So finishing a whole season is definitely important, and I know its important to them, as well as it is for me." Harvey matched his career high with 121 pitches in the Mets 16-inning win over the Giants on Monday. San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy will guide the NL team and yet to make an announcement. Bochy hinted at the likelihd about a week ago, but St. Louis ace Adam Wainwright is in the mix. Collins will also be a part of the All-Star Game as a member of Bochys coaching staff. Harvey said the blister began to bother him during his start against Washington on June 28. "Obviously I dont like not playing or being able to participate," Harvey said. "But I think in the long run Id rather miss a start now than miss all of September and not be able to pitch because of an innings limit." Collins says Harvey will throw limited innings this season, but the number hasnt been determined. "I dont have a say in really what goes on," Harvey said. "Right now everything feels fine, but they feel like at 130-plus innings, whatever I have, in order to stay on path for a full season, they felt this was a gd time to skip, so Im on board for that." Carlos Torres (0-1, 0.51 ERA) will replace Harvey at Pittsburgh. Nike Shoes Australia Sale . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. Australia Cheap Nike Shoes .Y. - Jerome Samson scored once in regulation and again in the shtout as the St. http://www.cheapnikeaustraliashoes.com/ . After taking two big hits this week -- losing at home and dropping back-to-back games for the first time all season -- Indiana struck back by playing its most complete game of the year. Nike Shoes Wholesale Australia . Breaking three of his own world records on his way to winning in Paris, Chan silenced the critics and left the audiences standing in appreciation and awe. Nike Shoes Australia Outlet ., for the next three years with the signings on Monday of Daryl Townsend and Michael Carter. SALT LAKE CITY -- Oregon has represented a bit of a benchmark for No. 11 Utah since the Utes entered the Pac-12 in 2011.The Ducks won the conference three straight times between 2009 and 2011 and again in 2014.They were the reigning champions last year when Utah went into Eugene and upset Oregon 62-20 for its most significant win since joining the league.Now the Ducks (3-7, 1-6 Pac-12) are in the midst of their worst season since 2006 and the Utes are approaching another milestone. Utah (8-2, 5-2, No. 12 CFP) will win the South Division for the first time in schl history and play in its first Pac-12 championship game if it wins the final two games of the season, starting Saturday with Oregon.Theres not a chance that well be lking past those guys, Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said. Not a chance at all. Theyre very talented on offense. I mean, theyre Oregon.Theyre going to be wanting to avenge that loss, he added. We went into their house and had a big win. Certainly thats got to be on their mind. ... Were going to get their best shot. We know that and we better be ready.In a role reversal, Oregon is coming in as an underdog. The Ducks are coming to the end of a disappointing season where even winning out would leave them shy of bowl eligibility.The Utes are 13 +-point favorites and some Ducks assistant coaches have talked about using that as motivation.I havent directly said `underdog or really anything in that vein, Oregon coach Mark Helfrich said. Again, we just need to play together and play better. Play the complimentary ftball we talked a little bit about over the weekend. But whatever can stoke their fire. If that gets the defensive backs ready to go, or gets the defense to play with a chip on their shoulder, great.Things to watch when Utah hosts Oregon:EYES ON FREEMAN: Royce Freeman comes into Salt Lake City as the Ducks No.dddddddddddd. 2 all-time leading rusher with 3,800 career yards. The junior has run for 599 yards and eight touchdowns this season. He and the Oregon offense will face the No. 2 run defense in the Pac-12. The Utes are allowing just 119.7 yards per game.NO CONCERNS: Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert said the offense doesnt need to do anything special this week against the Utah defense dubbed Sack Lake City. That unit had 11 sacks last week and the Utes are tied for No. 5 in the nation with 35 sacks overall. Defensive end Hunter Dimicks 27 career sacks are one shy of the schl record. I dont think Im going to have to be any more aware of them than I am every other week, Herbert said. I dont think its something we need to change dramatically.CUP OF JOE: Utah running back Joe Williams has run for 939 yards in just six games, including 864 yards in the four games since he came out of retirement. He is 61 yards shy of becoming the 13th player in schl history to run for 1,000 yards in a season and his 156.5 yards per game put him on pace for a schl record.DOUBT: Despite all of the past Oregon success and highly ranked recruiting classes, a 1-6 conference record has taken a toll. Theres certain fragments of guys that you can see arent 100 percent confident, Helfrich said. You cant fake that (confidence). You cant simulate that. The only way that happens is in training, and getting your confidence through true preparation, seeing yourself do it, seeing your teammates doing it and then just repeating it.---More AP college ftball: tball.ap.org" target="_blank">www.collegeftball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25---Follow Kareem Copeland on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kareemcopeland . ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 87 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen