Greipel attacked at the foot of the Ventoux in a m

in Spam Area!!! 07.03.2019 07:45
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- Idle for most of the past five seasons, backup quarterback Matt Mre came through on the final series Sunday for the Miami Dolphins.And his work is just beginning.With Ryan Tannehill sidelined by a knee injury that will likely end his season, the Dolphins turned to Mre, who directed the drive that led to a field goal on the final play to beat the Arizona Cardinals 26-23.On Saturday at the New York Jets, Mre will likely make his first start since 2011, the year before Tannehill was drafted. And the Dolphins (8-5) will be in the thick of the race for their first playoff berth in eight years.The Cardinals (5-7-1) are almost certain to spend the postseason at home after another ugly road loss.Here are things to know about both teams:SUPER SUB: Mre made 12 starts for the Dolphins in 2011, but has thrown only 35 passes since then, with Tannehill starting every game the past five years.Thats about to change. Tannehill limped off with a left knee injury in the third quarter after he was hit around the legs by defensive tackle Calais Campbell, and the Dolphins fear their quarterback tore his ACL. Hell undergo further testing Monday.Miami failed to pick up a first down in Mres first three series, but he threw completions of 12 and 29 yards to Kenny Stills in the last minute to set up Andrew Franks game-winning 21-yard field goal.When Matt came in, he brought energy and enthusiasm, tackle JaWuan James said. Hes a leader. Were confident in Matt.PLAYOFF RACE: Miami pulled into a tie with Denver in the race for the final AFC wild-card spot. The Broncos lost to Tennessee 13-10.The Dolphins finish the regular season with games against their three AFC East rivals.You talk about where were at as a team, you cant ask for much more, Mre said. The ball is in our court.Arizona, 1-5 in away games, will try to bounce back against New Orleans at home Sunday.This was pretty much a playoff game for us, and we knew we needed the W real bad, Campbell said.RUNNING DOWN THE CLOCK: With 10 seconds left, the Dolphins narrowly averted disaster while running one final play before the field goal.Mre briefly bobbled the snap and a teammate stepped on his ft, which caused a sloppy handoff to Darien Williams.Several seconds ticked off while Williams became entangled in a scrum, and there was only a second remaining when the Dolphins managed to call time out.Not the way you wanted that series to end, Mre said.I thought it was very questionable whether that second was on that clock, Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said. Thank God the home teams do not run the clock, the NFL does, or youd really have a (controversy).PIVOTAL PLAY: After the Cardinals scored a touchdown to cut their deficit to 21-15, Jordan Phillips blocked Chandler Catanzaros extra-point kick, and Walt Aikens scped up the ball and scored .I saw the ball, picked it up and the rest was history, Aikens said. I was tired. Its a long run for 2 points.The three-point swing turned out to be the difference in the game.CONTAINED: The Cardinals David Johnson came into the game leading the NFL with 15 touchdowns, but was kept out of the end zone. He rushed for 80 yards and caught passes for 41.Defenses are keying in on me a little bit more -- double-teaming me, putting their safety or DB on me, Johnson said. So I really do have to focus more on attention to detail.---For more NFL coverage: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Steven Wine on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Steve-Wine. His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/steven-wine Wholesale Authentic Jordans .C. -- Manny Malhotra had two goals and an assist, leading the Carolina Hurricanes to a 6-3 win over the Ottawa Senators on Saturday. Cheap Jordan Shoes Free Shipping . Reigning world champion Eve Muirhead of Scotland opened with a 12-2 rout of Winnipegs Jennifer Jones in a battle of teams bound for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. http://www.australiaairjordancheap.com/ . -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No. Cheap Jordans Shoes Wholesale . Terms of the deal were not immediately available. The 26-year-old finished last season with Clevelands Triple-A affiliate in Columbus after signing with the Indians in August. Jordan Shoes Australia . It was the kind of score that might make everyone else wonder which course he was playing. Except that Graeme McDowell saw the whole thing. Crouched behind the 10th green at Sheshan International, McDowell lked over at the powerful American and said, "Ive probably seen 18 of the best drives Ive seen all year in the last two days. MONT VENTOUX, France -- Thomas De Gendt hates riding in the wind. With gusts reaching 130 kph at the Mont Ventoux on Thursday, the Belgian rider was worried he might not even reach the finish inside the time limit.He ended up claiming the biggest win of his career.De Gendt won the wind-shortened and chaotic 12th stage of the Tour de France on the Giant of Provence on Thursday after getting into an early breakaway and easily sprinting past fellow Belgian Serge Pauwels on the steep slopes.Usually these stages are the stages Im the most afraid of because of the time limit, De Gendt said. With the wind I was afraid I could drop in the last group and miss the cut for the time limit because I cant ride in the wind.Organizers moved the finish line six kilometers (3 1/2 miles) down the road to the Chalet Reynard because of the wind. It was still a grueling 10-kilometer (six-mile) climb featuring several sections with gradients exceeding 10 percent.De Gendt, who finished third at the Giro dItalia in 2012 after posting another prestigious victory at the Stelvio Pass that year, and Pauwels fought for victory from a breakaway group that set off only a few kilometers after the start.They built a maximum lead of more than 18 minutes before Etixxx-Quick Step riders accelerated and split the bunch.dddddddddddd De Gendt, who rides for the Lotto Soudal team, benefited from the unexpected help of teammate Andre Greipel, a star sprinter with limited abilities in mountain stages.After bringing bottles to De Gendt throughout the stage, Greipel attacked at the ft of the Ventoux in a move that forced other riders to show their cards.Immediately, we saw who the stronger guys were, De Gendt said. And during the stage, he also did most of the pulling in the leading group. Today, he tried to do a little bit more for me. It shows how great Andre Greipel is ready to work for smaller riders.De Gendt then attacked with four kilometers left and outsprinted Pauwels at Chalet Reynard to seize the best climbers polka-dot jersey. A few kilometers behind, race leader Chris Frme was involved in crash caused by a TV motorbike but was allowed to keep the yellow jersey after the Tour race jury ruled he lost time in unfair circumstances.De Gendt said his next goal will be to win a stage at the Spanish Vuelta in order to complete a full set of Grand Tour stage victories. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 28 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen