was 23 of 33 on free throws while Baylor was 7 of 9. Ba

in Laberecke 06.03.2019 07:50
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- It tk almost eight innings for the San Diego Padres to squeeze out their first hit Sunday, and only when Alexei Ramirezs sharp grounder barely stayed fair.If not for that, who knows?Steven Matz carried a no-hit bid into the eighth and the New York Mets beat the Padres 5-1 to win consecutive games for the first time in more than five weeks.I could tell he had a feel for just about everything today, San Diego manager Andy Green said. Hes down 3-1 in a few counts, hes flipping in curveballs. Fastball up, life through the zone. He was down when he wanted to be; he located well. We didnt do much of anything against him and I dont think until Alexei hit that ball we really squared anything up at all. So I think it was just one of those days where he was substantially better than us.Ramirez slapped a one-out single just inside first base on Matzs 105th and final pitch in 96-degree heat at Citi Field. The ball appeared to skip right over the bag, and first base umpire Carlos Torres quickly called it fair.Guess it was a coin flip, Mets second baseman Neil Walker said. He absolutely had no-hit stuff today. You could tell that early in the game. ... Hell have another shot at it.Walker and Wilmer Flores each hit a solo homer off lefty Clayton Richard (0-2) as San Diego began its shift to a six-man rotation during a stretch of 16 games between off days.As the game went on, I got a little bit better, said Richard, a former backup quarterback at Michigan who was a regular starter for the Padres from 2009-13. I felt gd pretty much all the way through.Richard allowed two runs over five innings in his first major league start since Aug. 2, 2015, for the Chicago Cubs.I couldnt ask for anything more, Green said. He was outstanding.Facing the Padres for the first time, Matz (9- earned just his second victory in nine decisions over his past 14 starts.The 25-year-old lefty, a hometown favorite who grew up about 50 miles from Citi Field, struck out eight and walked two. Mixing his 94-95 mph fastball with a sharp curve, he fanned All-Star slugger Wil Myers all three times.I think he just had everything working for him today, Ramirez said through an interpreter. Everything was moving.The lone Mets pitcher to throw a no-hitter was Johan Santana in June 2012 against St. Louis.San Diego is the only major league team without one.Struggling to stay close in the wild-card race, the Mets (59-5 tk two of three in the series. The defending NL champions hadnt strung together two wins since July 6-7 against Miami and Washington.The Mets added three insurance runs in the eighth, when Jose Reyes scored on a wild pitch and rkie T.J. Rivera -- another New York product playing for his hometown team -- hit a two-run double for his first career RBI.Addison Reed and Gabriel Ynoa finished the four-hitter. Ynoa yielded Yangervis Solartes run-scoring single in the ninth, but the Padres fell to 10-28 in day games.Before Ramirezs single, the closest the Padres came to a hit was Solartes line drive right back to Matz with two outs in the fourth. Matz put up his glove and almost casually caught the ball before Solarte slammed down his bat in frustration.The only thing on my mind was getting outs, Matz said.MAYBE THIS MIGHT WORKPadres leadoff man Travis Jankowski, who struggles against left-handed pitching, tried to bunt for a hit with a runner on first and two outs in the sixth. Jankowski missed his attempt for strike one and grounded out to end the inning.TRAINERS RMPadres: Rkie 2B Ryan Schimpf was rested but wont sit out against every lefty, Green said. Schimpf had a pinch-hit single off Reed in the eighth and stayed in the game. ... CF Jon Jay (broken right forearm) is scheduled to have another CT scan Monday in California, and the team hopes he will be cleared to begin swinging a bat. ... ... RHP Colin Rea (right elbow) does not have a date for surgery yet. He will see noted orthopedist Dr. James Andrews on Wednesday, Green said.UP NEXTPadres: RHP Luis Perdomo (5-6, 6.80 ERA) starts Monday night at Tampa Bay as San Diego begins the final leg of its nine-game road trip. LHP Drew Smyly (4-11, 5.04) goes for the Rays. Cheap Adidas Nmd Australia .Y. -- Bills receiver Stevie Johnson has a bone to pick with the NFL schedule maker. Wholesale Adidas Nmd .C. -- Charlotte Bobcats coach Steve Clifford said after all of these years in the NBA hes still amazed at some of the things LeBron James does. http://www.cheapnmdaustralia.com/ . General manager Jarmo Kekalainen told Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch on Friday that he wants to see Gaboriks contributions go beyond the scoresheet before considering a long-term deal for the sn-to-be unrestricted free agent. Cheap Nmd Australia . Tracey comes to the Blue Bombers after spending over a decade with Queens University. Most recently he was the schls assistant ftball coach. Nmd Australia Sale . Supported by three-run homers from Jayson Werth and Wilson Ramos, the young right-hander went seven strong innings in the Washington Nationals 8-4 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night. KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Alexis Jones finished a rebound shy of a triple-double while helping Baylor hand Tennessee one of the most thorough defeats the Lady Volunteers have ever suffered on their home flr.Jones had a career-high 30 points to go along with 10 assists, nine rebounds and just one turnover Sunday as the fourth-ranked Lady Bears trounced No. 22 Tennessee 88-66, matching the Lady Vols biggest home loss ever.I didnt know how close I was until I came out, Jones said. And then they told me all I needed was a rebound.Jones would have become the first Baylor player to ever post a triple-double that included points, rebounds and assists. Baylors last triple-double came from Brittney Griner, who had 28 points, 10 rebounds and 10 blocks against West Virginia on March 2, 2013.Baylor (9-1) scored the games first 11 points and never lked back to earn its seventh straight victory. The Lady Bears led by as many as 35 points before coasting to victory in this SEC/Big 12 Challenge matchup.The one loss that we suffered this year, we felt that it was a lack of focus, a lack of mental toughness, Baylor forward Nina Davis said in reference to a 72-61 loss at Connecticut on Nov. 17. We felt like we werent aggressive. Thats something that were not trying to have happen again, so each and every game were coming in with a mindset that were going to come in and dominate from the beginning of the game to the end.Davis had 20 points and nine rebounds for Baylor. Khadijiah Cave added 10 points.Mercedes Russell had 22 points, 12 rebounds and four blocks for Tennessee. Jaime Nared had 19 points and 11 rebounds. Diamond DeShields added 13 points.The only other time Tennessee (4-3) fell by as many as 22 points at home was a 74-52 loss to Texas on Dec. 1, 1985, at the old Stokely Athletics Center. Tennessee moved from Stokely to Thompson-Boling Arena in 1987-88.Weve got players that are underachieving, Tennessee coachh Holly Warlick said.dddddddddddd Were just underachieving and were not playing hard. I dont know. Honestly, I dont have an answer. (Baylor) lked a lot better prepared than the Lady Vols.THE TAKEAWAYBaylor: The Lady Bears capitalized on their size to dominate this game from start to finish. Baylor outscored Tennessee 58-28 in points in the paint. Baylor didnt need much Sunday from Kalani Brown, who scored just two points. Brown entered the day averaging 14.2 points per game to rank second on the team.Tennessee: The Lady Vols need more from DeShields. After committing 10 turnovers in a loss at Virginia Tech last week, DeShields shot 4 of 14 and had five turnovers against Baylor. She scored just two points in the first half.POLL IMPLICATIONSTennessees loss leaves the Lady Vols in danger of falling out of the Top 25. Tennessee ended a string of 565 consecutive weeks in the Top 25 late last season when it fell out of the rankings for the first time since 1985.NOTABLE NUMBERSOnly a major discrepancy at the foul line prevented the score from being even more lopsided. Tennessee was 23 of 33 on free throws while Baylor was 7 of 9. Baylor didnt attempt a single free throw in the first half.I dont know if Ive ever coached a game where we never shot a free throw until the middle of the third quarter -- and youre winning (by) 35-40 points, Baylor coach Kim Mulkey said. I dont know how you explain that. We never got to the foul line. If you lk, they shot three or four times as many free throws. That has to speak volumes for how well (our) team played.QUOTABLETheyve got to go down swinging, Warlick said. Theyve got to carry a big stick. Were carrying a little twig right now, and that aint working.UP NEXTBaylor hosts Texas State on Tuesday.Tennessee visits No. 14 Texas on Dec. 11. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 535 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen