wont be in the lineup when the Habs travel to Bu

in Laberecke 06.03.2019 07:50
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

BELO HORIZONTE, Brazil -- Love her or hate her, Hope Solos dominance as a goalkeeper is undeniable.Solo came up big in her 200th international appearance as the United States fought off France 1-0 on Saturday in an Olympic group match at Mineirao Stadium. And she did it while facing bs from Brazilian fans still riled up about her social media posts about the Zika virus.Whats important to me is that I played the best quality of ftball that I can play, and that hopefully our team makes it to the final, Solo said. If they (the fans) are having fun, great. I like a loud stadium. But it really doesnt mean anything to me.Solo became the first goalkeeper, male or female, to reach the 200-cap mark in international play. She also became just the 11th U.S. player to reach that number of appearances.The U.S. women, winners of last years World Cup and ranked No. 1 in the world, are vying for their fourth straight Olympic gold medal. Along with the tournament-opening victory over New Zealand, the United States is in gd position for the quarterfinals.France, ranked No. 3, was considered the Americans biggest rival in the group. And they proved a tenacious foe.Carli Lloyds goal finally broke through in the 64th minute against France goalkeeper Sarah Bouhaddi. Tobin Heaths shot caromed off the post and while Bouhaddi struggled to recover, Lloyd tapped in the rebound for her eighth Olympic goal.Never forget that the U.S. is the world champion, France coach Philippe Berger said.For the first half, it was all Solo.She tipped Wendie Renards header from a free kick off the crossbar in the 16th minute. Her most dramatic stop came in the 41st when Marie-Laure Delie charged in alone and Solo collapsed to her knees to smother the shot.She was getting free and I knew she was going to crack a shot as sn as she saw the goal, so I just tried to close her as quickly as I could. And I as I closed her -- some people think she went through my legs on purpose because it was the only part that was open because I had her closed down -- I dont really think so, I think she just tried to crack a shot, Solo said.The 200th cap was Solos latest accomplishment in a 16-year international career.Last month, she became the first goalkeeper with 100 international shutouts when the United States defeated South Africa 1-0 at Soldier Field in Chicago. It was also her 150th career win.Solo won her second straight Golden Glove Award for the best goalkeeper at the Womens World Cup a year ago. Over the course of the tournament in Canada, she had five clean sheets and allowed only three goals in seven games.She irked some Brazilians before the games started when she posted a photo of herself decked out in mosquito netting and armed with insecticide, with the caption: Not sharing this!!! Get your own! (hashtag) zikaprf. As a result, fans at Mineirao Stadium have bed her every time she touched the ball.But following Saturdays match, Solo had apparently turned some of the fans in her favor. While the team was cling down in the end zone area, the crowd could be heard chanting Hope! Hope! Hope!Im just being myself playing soccer, she said. They can love me or hate me, Im just going to continue doing the same things.The players said the bs were not a distraction as the team was focused on becoming the first to win at an Olympics following a World Cup title.United States coach Jill Ellis made a couple of changes in her lineup for the match. Whitney Engen came in for defender Julie Johnston, who is out with groin soreness, and Crystal Dunn came in for Mallory Pugh, who hurt an ankle in the opener.But the most stunning lineup change was made by France, which did not start star Eugenie Le Sommer, who scored in Frances 4-0 victory over Colombia. It was not clear whether Le Sommer was injured.With the victory, the United States improves to 16-0-1 this year. Lloyds goal was her 11th of the year and 90th of her career. She also scored in the opener against New Zealand.I think the crowd only gets going when Hope has the ball, Lloyd said about the atmosphere. I think theyre having fun with it at this point. Theyll probably go for the whole tournament.In the other match Saturday in Belo Horizonte, New Zealand defeated Colombia 1-0. The victory was costly for the Ferns because Abby Erceg was shown a red card late in the match, meaning that she wont be able to play on Tuesday when New Zealand faces France in Manaus.The United States plays Colombia in its final group match in Manaus.Elsewhere on Saturday, Janine Beckie scored twice and Christine Sinclair had her 10th Olympic goal as Canada defeated Zimbabwe 3-1 Saturday in Sao Paulo.Sinclairs penalty kick in the 19th minute moved her into a tie for second on the all-time Olympic list, alongside Germanys Birgit Prinz. Brazils Cristiane holds the record with 14.In the later match, Saskia Bartusiak scored in the 88th minute to pull Germany into a 2-2 draw with Australia.Gu Yasha and Tan Ruyin each scored and China defeated South Africa 2-0 in Rio de Janeiro. But the marquee match for local fans was late meeting between Brazil and Sweden. The hosts did not disappoint, winning 5-1.Five-time FIFA World Player of the Year Marta scored twice for the Brazilians. Cheap Nmd Australia . But when it comes to determining if Raymond will find a place on the Leafs roster when training camp concludes in a week, well, that decision will ultimately fall to the head coach. Adidas Nmd Cheap Australia . Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek defeated Nenad Zimonjic and Ilija Bozoljac 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (4) on the indr hard-court at Belgrade Arena. The victory improved the Czech pairs impressive cup doubles record to 14-1. http://www.cheapnmdaustralia.com/ . -- Gus Malzahn finally had his day in Fayetteville. Nmd Australia Sale . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Adidas Nmd Sale Australia . But Bourque, who has missed three games with a lower-body injury, wont be in the lineup when the Habs travel to Buffalo to take on the Sabres on Wednesday.HAMILTON, Ont. -- The Hamilton Tiger-Cats released defensive back Ryan Hinds and linebacker Nick Rosamonda on Wednesday. The six-ft-one, 198-pound Hinds was in his fourth season with Hamilton. The Ticats selected the 26-year-old in the second round, 13th overall, in the 2009 CFL draft out of New Hampshire. Hinds had one defensive ttackle and two more on special teams in three games this season.dddddddddddd He appeared in 74 games with Hamilton, registering 72 tackles, 12 special-teams tackles, 11 pass knockdowns and an interception. The six-ft-one, 212-pound Rosamonda appeared in one game with Hamilton after signing with the CFL club July 25. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 28 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen