chose Brooklyn.It was a great opportunity for me, B

in Bewerbung 05.03.2019 08:34
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

Nathan Hughes has admitted providing for his family was behind the decision to pledge his national allegiance to England.Fijian-born Hughes became available for the Grand Slam champions in June after qualifying on residency grounds and made his debut off the bench in Saturdays 37-21 victory over South Africa.Members of the Fiji squad who will run out at Twickenham this weekend are paid a mere £60 a day, a sum dwarfed by the £22,000 England players receive for each international.The figures involved have resulted in Hughes adopting a hard-nosed professional outlk on rugby knowing that he must provide for his family.I would love for Fiji to have more resources, but it is the way it is. They just have to deal with it and live on whatever they have got, Hughes said.There is a big difference and that is why people want to play rugby and how they survive.It is their bread and butter. Thats the decision I made -- I play my rugby to support my family and put shelter over their heads.Back home it has all been positive comments, everyone happy and proud of the decision I have made. Last week was exciting for me and my family.Despite the financial basis for his decision to represent England, Hughes insists the 26 minutes he played against South Africa were not without poignancy as he celebrated a proud moment in his career.I feel English now. I can say Im an English person now. It was exciting to get the nod to come off the bench and represent England, I can say its my country now, Hughes said.It was huge and it was emotional. I live here in England, it is where my family is now. This is home for me.I will not sing both anthems, Ill only be singing the national anthem, God Save the Queen.It has been a long time coming but now the time is here, Ive got my first cap and Im excited to get more.Hughes, an explosive No. 8 bristling with raw potential, is set to start in the back row against the nation of his birth on Saturday and realises that this guarantees special treatment at Twickenham.I do understand it. If youre an Islander, and I have this opportunity to play against Fiji, you know what is coming. You take it and you have got to give it back. Theyll know its coming t, he said.It will be very special to make this first start against Fiji, but weve got a lot of class back-rowers in the squad, waiting for the opportunity. You just have to train well and when you get an opportunity, take it with both hands. Cheap Adidas Shoes Free Shipping . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shtaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . Adidas Shoes From China . After a lengthy wait, persistent rain finally forced the postponement of the Nationals game against the Miami Marlins on Saturday night. The teams, and a few thousand fans, waited nearly four hours from the 7:05 scheduled start time before an announcement was made shortly before 11 p. http://www.cheapshoesadidas.com/ . Marincin has played in two NHL games so far this season with two penalty minutes. The 21-year-old has three goals, four assists and a plus-5 rating in 24 games with the American Hockey Leagues Oklahoma City Barons this season. Cheap Adidas Shoes Authentic . Paul Pierce couldnt believe he missed at the end. Young scored a season-high 26 points to spark a huge effort from the leagues most productive bench, and Los Angeles beat the Brklyn Nets 99-94 on Wednesday night after blowing a 27-point lead. Discount Adidas Shoes . Takahashi, who had a 10-point lead after the short program, received 268.31 points after the free skate to finish 15 points ahead of second-place Nobunari Oda. LAS VEGAS -- The Brklyn Nets added some veteran leadership to the mix Tuesday, reaching a one-year contract agreement with forward Luis Scola, a source confirmed.Ive known Luis since my days with the Rockets, and hes not going to talk a whole heck of a lot but hes going to lead with his work ethic and how he gets after it, Nets coach Kenny Atkinson said. I like how Luis has started to spread the flr, and hes just the ultimate competitor, the ultimate warrior. Hes 36, but hes been healthy his whole career because of how well he prepares and how well he takes care of himself. Were excited about having him.Scola started 76 games for the Toronto Raptors last season, averaging 8.7 points and shting 40.4 percent from 3-point range. But he struggled in the playoffs, averaging just 2.5 points on 19 percent shting from beyond the arc as he moved in and out of the rotation.The rebuilding Nets have added Scola, Jeremy Lin, Trevor Bker, Justin Hamilton and Greivis Vasquez this offseason, although Portland and Miami matched their offer sheets to restricted free agents Allen Crabbe and Tyler Johnson.Brklyn general manager Sean Marks Plan B seems to be adding players on short contracts to maintain salary-cap flexibility moving forward.Scola is the oldest player on Brklyns roster by seven years. Vasquez is 29.The agreement was earlier reported by The Vertical.Scola figures to battle for the starrting power forward spot with Trevor Bker, who signed a two-year, $18 million deal with Brklyn.dddddddddddd think were going to let it play out, Atkinson said. I know those guys wouldnt want it any other way. I think theyre two competitors, they understand the NBA and theyre going to battle it out and compete for the spot.Bker, who briefly watched the Nets summer league game on Tuesday, explained why he chose Brklyn.It was a great opportunity for me, Bker said. With Sean coming in place, theyve got Jeremy Lin, Brk Lopez down low, I thought it was a great opportunity for me. Sean came from the Spurs organization, which is the top organization in the NBA, and Ive known him for a little while now and I know hes a very smart guy and I believe in the direction that hes going to take the organization.Asked about potentially starting, Bker responded, Its not going to be given to me. Im going to go in with the mindset that I want it, so well see.Bker, 28, said he plans to bring hard work and leadership to the Nets.Thats whats kept me in the league so far, and I lk to bring the same thing here, he said. Atkinson said hed like second-year pro Chris McCullough to push the veteran power forwards as well. He likes the diversity and skill sets at the positions. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 112 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen