good. It definitely feels good.T

in Laberecke 28.02.2019 06:09
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

The Toronto Blue Jays continue a four-game set with New York Yankees on Wednesday at Yankee Stadium as Ichiro Suzuki eyes the 4,000th hit of his professional career. Suzuki notched three hits in the first game of the Yankees doubleheader sweep of the Jays on Tuesday, leaving him with 3,999 in a career that began with the Orix Blue Wave in Japan. The outfielder recorded 1,278 hits while playing in Japan and his 2,721 hits during his major league career are 374 more than anyone else since coming over in 2001. His total hit number ranks third all-time behind only Pete Roses record of 4,256 and Ty Cobbs 4,191. "I didnt have 4,000 hits in my whole career, and you can go back to tee ball," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "To me, its an unbelievable feat. Hes some kind of hitter." Suzuki scored twice in the Yanks 8-4 come-from-behind win in game one on Tuesday, but then scored the winning run in a 3-2 triumph in the nightcap. Suzuki was not in the starting lineup for the second game, but entered in the ninth as a pinch-runner for Mark Reynolds, who opened the frame with a walk. Suzuki was then bunted over to second and promptly stole third. Jayson Nix, who had homered earlier in the contest to even the game, then delivered the game winning single, sending New York to its eighth win in 10 games. "I feel like weve had a little bit of a jolt in our team," Nix said. "Were playing really well right now. Its a gd time for it." Robinson Cano was 6-for-8 with a home run and five RBI in the twinbill. His home run was the 200th of his career. "It means a lot," Cano said, who is now 16th on the all-time list in Yankees history. "As a kid, you always dream to be able to hit one. Then, to hit 200, it means a lot to me. Right now, were in a situation where we need to win games. Its gd to hit 200, but its great to get a win." Toronto, meanwhile, has now lost 11 in a row at Yankee Stadium dating back to last season. To make matters worse the team placed outfielder Jose Bautista on the disabled list after the slugger left game one of the DH with a sore hip. Hoping to reverse their fortunes on Wednesday will be knuckleballer R.A. Dickey, who is 9-11 with a 4.49 ERA. Dickey did not get a decision on Friday against Tampa bay, as he allowed four runs and six hits in seven innings of a 5-4 loss. "Sometimes its just the nature of the game, and sometimes its just a situation weve got to take ownership of what we dont do well and try to execute better the next time," Dickey said afterwards. "Tonight, for me, was tough, because I had a gd knuckleball." Dickey lost to the Yankees the last time he faced them and is 3-2 in 11 games (5 starts) against them with a 3.25 ERA. Heading to the hill for the Yanks on Wednesday will be righty Adam Warren, who will be making his first start of the season and just the second of his career. Warren has pitched in 24 games out of the bullpen for the Yankees this season and has gone 1-2 with a 3.57 ERA. The Yankees have beaten the Blue Jays in 10 of 11 matchups this season, including all eight in the Bronx. Zapatillas Vapormax Baratas . Jordan Lynch, the all-purpose Heisman Trophy finalist from Northern Illinois, failed to make it into that exclusive club. Nike Vapormax En Oferta . -- Whether Jeremy Hill deserves a prominent role in LSUs offence this early in the season is a matter for debate. http://www.baratasvapormax.es/ . Michell Burger, a woman who lives on an estate next to Pistorius gated community, said she and her husband were awoken by the screams in the pre-dawn hours of Feb. 14 last year, when Pistorius killed Reeva Steenkamp by shting four times through a dr in his bathrm. Comprar Nike Vapormax Baratas . -- Three close lks at the bucket, three misses. Nike Vapormax Comprar Online .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again. SAN FRANCISCO -- Two hot pitchers at opposite ends of their career arcs hk up Friday night when the Baltimore Orioles and San Francisco Giants open a three-game interleague series.Orioles rkie Dylan Bundy and Giants veteran Matt Cain draw the pitching assignments in the first meeting of the American League East and National League West clubs since 2013.Cain was the starting pitcher the last time the teams dueled, on Aug. 11, 2013. He tk the loss in a 10-2 Giants defeat at AT&T Park, allowing three runs in seven innings.The Orioles won two of three in that series, after the Giants tk two of three in their previous meeting, also in San Francisco, in 2010.The clubs have not met in Baltimore since 2004.Bundy, the Orioles first-round pick in 2011, has made only five career starts. The last four have been impressive, as the right-hander has allowed only five runs in 23 2/3 innings over that stretch.Bundy is 2-0 in August, having surrendered only five hits and two runs in 13 innings.He lost his only previous interleague start despite allowing only two hits to the Colorado Rockies in 5 2/3 innings. Both hits were home runs, a solo homer by David Dahl and a two-run shot by Nick Hundley, leading to a 3-1 Rockies win.Bundy has struck out at least seven in each of his last three starts.I try to lk at: Did I give the team a chance to win? If I did, Im happy with it, Bundy said recently of his approach to being a starting pitcher. If I didnt, Im not happy with it. Thats about as simple as I can keep it. Thats your goal as a starter -- just going out there every fifth day and giving your team a chance to win.Cain, in his last two starts, has demonnstrated he can handle the Orioles regional neighbor, the Washington Nationals.dddddddddddde threw five no-hit innings against the Nationals in a 3-1 home win on July 31, then allowed five hits in five more shutout innings in a rematch last Saturday, a game the Giants won 7-1.The 10 consecutive scoreless innings have lowered Cains ERA from 5.95 to 5.16.If Cain has struggled in any area of late, its been in control. He walked a total of seven in the two Washington games.The first win over the Nationals was the 100th of Cains Giants career. Ninety-three of those wins came in his first nine years with the team.That hit me after the game was over, the 12th-year Giant said of his milestone shortly after the win. I didnt think it was going to be that big of a deal, but for it to take three years, it feels gd. It definitely feels gd.The series continues a rugged stretch in the Giants schedule, which features 19 consecutive games against playoff contenders. The homestand that opens Friday continues next week with three games against Pittsburgh and four against the New York Mets.The Giants are coming off a 3-3 trip to Washington and Miami.While the Giants were flying cross-country to start the series, the Orioles didnt travel at all. They didnt even have to change hotels after finishing off a four-game series in Oakland with a 9-6 win on Thursday.The Orioles upcoming schedule is no slouch, either. After facing the Giants, they head back to Camden Yards for an eight-game homestand against Boston, Houston and Washington. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 137 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen