ped me a lot." When he d

in Clan- und Funwars 27.02.2019 01:20
von lebaobei123 | 302 Beiträge

PHOENIX - Hands crossed behind his back, Ryan Braun stepped up in front of the cameras and reporters ready to take the hits. A long-awaited day had finally arrived: the Brewers slugger is officially back with his team for the first time since being suspended for 65 games for violating Major League Baseballs anti-drug agreement as part of the Biogenesis doping scandal. Once again, hes sorry. And hes ready to move on. "I tk responsibility for that mistake I made," Braun said Thursday. "For me, my focus again is on this year and moving forward and learning a new position and getting ready for the season." One that includes a move from left to right field, and questions about whether Braun is over the right thumb injury that also limited him in 2013. But it was that other topic that again dominated a respectful question-and-answer session on a sunny day outside the Brewers spring training complex. And the 2011 NL MVP offered familiar answers. "Like I said, Ive addressed it multiple times. I appreciate your interest. I appreciate everybodys interest," Braun said to one of several questions about why he used a banned substance. "I understand you have a job to do, but Ive already addressed that multiple times at multiple press conferences." There was a statement in August. A gathering with reporters in Milwaukee during a Thanksgiving fd drive. Another press conference at fan outreach event last month, his first major public appearance in Milwaukee since the suspension. Its easy to see why theres still interest. After the Yankees Alex Rodriguez, Braun is perhaps the most well-known player suspended for using performance-enhancing drugs. He remains relatively popular in Milwaukee despite the suspension, judging by fans still wearing his No. 8 jersey at the teams winter outreach event. One such fan watched intently from about 50 feet away behind a steel fence at the Maryvale baseball complex, holding on to a yellow Braun jersey. Nearly two years ago to the day, Braun offered a vociferous proclamation of innocence at spring training. At the time, a 50-game suspension for a positive drug test had been overturned by an arbitrator. "We won," he said then with conviction, "because the truth is on my side." Turned out not to be the case. "Certainly I wish that I hadnt done the press conference. I wish that I had known then what I know now," Braun said Thursday. "If I had, certainly I wouldnt have done it at all." The front office and manager Ron Roenicke appear to be more than satisfied with how hes made amends with teammates. "Yeah, he doesnt need to address anything anymore. If he wants to, fine," Roenicke said. "He feels like hes said enough. Hes said enough certainly for me." Now if he can just get back to that MVP form under a glare of suspicion that will almost certainly still follow him in the short term, especially on the road. Braun hit .298 with nine home runs, 38 RBIs and four steals in 61 games in 2013, well below his career averages. He is usually gd for at least 30-plus homers, 110 RBIs and 20 steals, along with a .320 average. "I feel gd, but like I said its always a challenge getting use to facing pitching again and seeing curveballs and sliders and some spin on the ball," Braun said about his thumb. "Theres always an adjustment phase but I feel pretty gd." Then theres the new position. As part of the acclimation process, Braun brought up the possibility of being an "all-time" defender in a minor-league game this spring, meaning he would be a fielder for both sides. Roenicke said he first thought about shifting Braun in 2011. "It wont be that easy of a transition, even though hes a very gd left fielder," Roenicke said. "Its different when that ball turns the other way." Braun also declined comment when asked about his relationship with Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. The former business partners are two of Wisconsins biggest stars, and Rodgers expressed disappointment after Brauns suspension last summer. To others in baseball, the return of Braun and accompanying drama might be viewed as a headache. Braun is certainly aware that he might get negative reactions away from Miller Park. Roenicke, however, confidently predicted he would not be a distraction for the Brewers. "I think everybody knows the kind of player he is," he said. "We like him for one, and we need him on this team, and hes paid the penalty that Major League Baseball has put in place, and its over." ___ Follow Genaro Armas at http://twitter.com/GArmasAP lchina.com/" target="_blank">Cheap Old Skl . -- Thirty years ago, the Detroit Pistons beat the Denver Nuggets 186-184 in triple overtime, a game that remains the highest scoring in NBA history. lchina.com/" target="_blank">Discount Old Skl .C. -- Benn Ferrieros familiar with scoring important goals, just not in back-to-back games. lchina.com/.The" target="_blank">http://www.cheapoldsklchina.com/.The Hanwha Eagles said the team was impressed with Morgans contact ability and base-running skills.The 34-year-old debuted with the Pittsburgh Pirates in 2007 and hit . lchina.com/" target="_blank">Cheap Old Skl Free Shipping . Bozak and Clarkson suffered the injuries in pre-training camp workouts, according to Carlyle, who said they made "small amounts of improvement" from Friday to Saturday. After the players were deemed less than 100 per cent by doctors after Thursdays medical testing, the Leafs held them out of on-ice testing and are being cautious. lchina.com/" target="_blank">Cheap Old Skl China . After seven wins in a row, they have to do it one more time to get into the playoffs.TORONTO - "Hey, whats it like to be PK Subbans brother?" For Malcolm Subban, a first round pick of the Boston Bruins in 2012, you wouldnt blame him if hed had just about enough of that question by now. But he doesnt seem to mind. "Im not sick of it but people are curious so theyre going to ask questions," Malcolm Subban said after day three at BioSteel Camp in Toronto. "Ive definitely heard it a few times." But Malcolm is quick to play down its significance. Its not a big deal to him. Hes just older brother PK. "Honestly, its whatever you want to make of it," Malcolm explained. "Hes just my brother so its not really different than having any other big brother to me." Malcolm understands its part of having a famous older sibling. But unlike some siblings, Malcolm is in a position to make a name of his own in the same field as his brother. Could the day sn be coming where PK gets asked, "Whats it like to be Malcolms brother?" "Yeah hopefully that happens sometime," laughed Malcolm, "but right now, its probably the other way around for a little bit but well see." Coming off an excellent debut season in the American Hockey League with the Providence Bruins, posting a 15-10-5 record with a goals against average of 2.31 and a .920 save percentage in 33 games, Subban is hoping to make the jump to the NHL sner than later. "I feel like Im getting a lot closer," he said. "I feel like Im pretty close right now. Im really confident with how my season went last year." Niklas Svedberg figures to have the inside track on taking over the Boston Bruins backup role behind Tuukka Rask which became empty after Chad Johnson departed as a free agent. Svedberg, t, was solid in the AHL last season in a starters role with Providence and turned in an excellent effort in his lone NHL game to date, a 33-save performance in a Bruins 3-2 overtime win on January 2 against the Nashville Predators. Malcolm admitted he understands what the depth chart says but still intends on makinng it a tough decision for the Bruins come training camp in September.dddddddddddd "I can only control what I can control and thats play well," Subban said. "If I dont play well, it makes the decision a lot easier." If he does end up returning to Providence for his second professional season, it will be in the starters role: the next step on the path to the NHL after a strong showing as the backup. "Yeah obviously Im pretty happy with how I did (last season)," Subban explained. "This year, its a lot different being a back up to being in a starting role so thats what Im lking forward to right now." Subban has, so far, proven himself to be a goaltender capable of taking jumps to the next level with ease. In his three full seasons in the Ontario Hockey League with the Belleville Bulls, his numbers improved each year. He didnt miss a beat in his first professional season last year, something he credits to his work in summer skates with players who have already reached the NHL level. "Going into the AHL, skating with pro guys during the summer helped a lot," Subban said. "The speed of the game in the AHL was a lot faster because guys arent going 100 per cent in the summer but definitely getting familiar with the quality of releases (of shots) helped me a lot." When he does make the jump to the NHL, whether it is this coming season in spot duty or a couple of years down the road, the chance to go head to head against his brother PK multiple times during the season with the Bruins and the Montreal Canadiens both in the Atlantic Division is something Malcolm has let himself dream about. "Its pretty cl," said the Bruins prospect. "Ive obviously thought about it since I got drafted by Boston. Hopefully we get to experience that sometime." When that time comes, Malcolm figures he already has the edge on his brother. "I know hes probably going to go high glove, I just have to keep that in mind," Subban laughed. "High glove or five hole, I dont see him going anywhere else." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 119 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen