r a field goal each time

in Clan- und Funwars 27.02.2019 01:20
von lebaobei123 | 302 Beiträge

RENTON, Wash. -- Running back Marshawn Lynch returned to practice for the first time since reporting to training camp late last week, but who will block for him at right tackle this season remains in question. The Seahawks released Michael Bowie on Saturday after it was determined his injured shoulder would require surgery. Bowie, who started eight games as a rkie for the Seahawks, was the favourite to win the teams starting right tackle job entering training camp. However, he reported to camp 20 pounds overweight, according to head coach Pete Carroll, and he injured his shoulder again on the first day of practice. With Bowie gone, the battle for the starting job shifts firmly to second-round pick Justin Britt and veteran Eric Winston. Britt has taken nearly every first-team snap at right tackle since Bowies injury. Winston has started 119 consecutive games over the last seven seasons for the Houston Texans, Kansas City Chiefs and Arizona Cardinals. "Its a big competition going on. There has been since the start of camp," Carroll said. "Its unfortunate that we dont get to keep Michael (Bowie) but we have to keep moving and keep going here. This is a very competitive situation with Britt and with Winston in there and I think Alvin Bailey will be mixed into this thing t, eventually. Its a really gd spot for us in that we do have depth and we do have competition." Left tackle Russell Okung tk part in individual drills for the first time after off-season ft surgery. Alvin Bailey has been taking the first-team snaps at left tackle in Okungs absence, but could enter the battle at right tackle once Okung is back to full speed. "Alvin has got the flexibility to play a couple different spots. Hes played guard a little bit, t, so hes a valuable guy in that regard," Carroll said. Seattle also added two new linemen on Monday, claiming tackle Cory Brandon off waivers from Arizona and signing veteran guard Wade Smith. "Were hoping (they) can bring us something," Carroll said. "We want to continue to work to make this position as competitive as possible." Lynch was very limited as he tk just a handful of snaps during Mondays practice. He did not take part in any off-season practices and missed the first week of training camp in a contract dispute. Carroll said Lynch kept in shape on his own but needs some time still to work into ftball shape. "Were going to take our time and make sure that we do that. Weve always been very patient with him, making sure his body is in great shape and all. Were just going to bring him along," Carroll said. Notes: Seattle waived LB Brandon Denmark and WR Ronald Johnson, signed DT Andru Pulu and OL Wade Smith, and claimed OT Cory Brandon off waivers from Arizona. ... OT Russell Okung (ft) and S Kam Chancellor (hip) worked through individual drills for the first time since having off-season surgeries. ... G James Carpenter (calf) could return to practice Tuesday. ... S Dion Bailey was on crutches after suffering a sprained ankle on Saturday. ... WR Phil Bates left practice due to illness. Custom Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys . People familiar with the case told The Associated Press on Friday that arbitrator Fredric Horowitz could issue his decision this weekend. J.A. Happ Jersey .Y. - Joe Johnson hit six 3-pointers in his 27 points, Mason Plumlee added 18 points, and the Brklyn Nets won their 11th straight at home, beating the Boston Celtics 114-98 Friday night. http://www.officialbluejaysgearshop.com/...ds-Jersey/.That means, of course, that John Wall beat the Spurs for the first time ever — within weeks of his first wins in head-to-head games against nemeses Chris Paul and Derrick Rose. Roberto Osuna Jersey . - Alex Dostie scored two goals and assisted on another to lead the Gatineau Olympiques to a 5-3 victory over the Drummondville Voltigeurs in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action on Sunday. Jack Morris Jersey . Its the second straight year he has decided not to play as he cuts back his schedule. Stricker was replaced in the field by Ryo Ishikawa of Japan. MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- Desperate to stop Tom Bradys latest comeback bid, the Miami Dolphins sought help from a reserve safety making his NFL debut after being signed Tuesday off the San Francisco 49ers practice squad. Michael Thomas came through, intercepting Bradys fourth-down pass in the end zone with 2 seconds left Sunday to seal a seesaw 24-20 victory over the New England Patriots. Thomas celebrated by flopping to his back and was swarmed by his new teammates. "I didnt know what his first name was," defensive tackle Jared Odrick said. "Thats being thrown in the fire and reacting. Thats a pure athlete." The Dolphins (8-6) won their third game in a row to help their AFC wild-card chances. They also snapped a streak of seven consecutive losses to the Patriots (10-4), who missed a chance to clinch their fifth consecutive AFC East title. Miamis breakthrough win left even stoic second-year coach Joe Philbin in a md to celebrate. "I might jump in my pl," he said. "Ive been in it once since Ive been here." Brady threw for 364 yards, but was frustrated by a succession of squandered scoring chances. He answered only two questions at his postgame news conference before cutting the session short. "We didnt do a gd job in the red area, and didnt do a gd job finishing drives," he said. "We came up on the short end of the stick. It wasnt a gd day. Just couldnt make enough plays." The Patriots had mounted second-half rallies to win their past three games, and were on the verge of doing it again when Brady led them from their own 20 with 1:15 remaining to the Miami 14. "The longest 75 seconds of my life," said Miami quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who squirmed on the sideline. With New England out of timeouts, Brady threw for the end zone four times in a row. The first three passes went incomplete, including one intended for Danny Amendola that Thomas broke up on first down. Then, Thomas stepped in front of Austin Collie to make his interception. "I knew being the new guy that Tom Brady would come after me," Thomas said. "Hes a great quarterback, and hes going to exploit any weaknesses. I knew if I got in there I would have a chance. I saw the ball in the air and I made a play." Thomas was part of an injury-depleted secondary that also included backups at both cornerback spots on the final drive. A large supporting cast has played a siggnificant role in the recent success of the Dolphins, who are 5-2 since tackle Jonathan Martin left the team in a bullying scandal that drew national notoriety.dddddddddddd "Weve grown a lot," Tannehill said. "Each of us has gotten stronger through the adversity weve faced off the field and on the field." Tannehill shk off four sacks to throw for 312 yards and three touchdowns, including a 14-yarder to Marcus Thigpen with 1:15 left that provided the winning margin. His other scoring passes covered 39 yards to Mike Wallace and 2 yards to Daniel Thomas. Brady went 34 for 55 and threw two scores. Julian Edelman made 13 catches for 139 yards, and Amendola added 10 receptions for 131 yards. New England tk a 20-17 lead when Edelman scored on a 24-yard reception with four minutes left, but the Dolphins caught a break when the ensuing kickoff by Stephen Gostkowski went out of bounds, allowing them to start at their 40. Charles Clay kept the driving going when he turned a short pass into a 6-yard gain on fourth and 5 at midfield, and Thigpen scored five plays later. New England, accustomed to slow starts, tk a 10-0 lead on Michael Hmanawanuis one-handed, 13-yard touchdown reception. But on other trips to the red zone they missed tight end Rob Gronkowski, who suffered a season-ending knee injury a week ago. The Patriots mounted drives of 16 and 15 plays but settled for a field goal each time, and Gostkowski misfired on a field-goal try for only the third time this year when he sailed a 48-yard attempt wide left. "Today just wasnt my day," Gostkowski said. "It stinks to play terrible and your team loses. Its like salt on the wound." Special teams were only part of the Pats problem, coach Bill Belichick said. "We were short in every area," he said. "Nothing was really gd enough." Notes: Patriots T Nate Solder aggravated a head injury in the second half and sat out rest of game. ... Dolphins DT Paul Soliai sat out the last three quarters with an ankle injury. CB Nolan Carroll (knee) was limited in the second half, and CB Brent Grimes (cramps) went to the sideline in the fourth quarter. ... The Dolphins botched a field-goal try when John Denney snapped the ball before holder Brandon Fields was ready, and the ball hit Fields in the face mask. ... Miamis seven home games have been decided by a total of 23 points. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 275 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen