aining.She qualified in the 400, blazing past the other runners down the

in Laberecke 26.02.2019 07:23
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

MINNEAPOLIS -- The Minnesota Vikings new $1.1 billion stadium has been test-driven by soccer players, a country music superstar and an iconic heavy metal band. But the biggest test for U.S. Bank Stadium comes Sunday when the ftball team and its rabid fans finally arrive.Heres a lk at some of the biggest bugs operators have faced so far, and whats been done to fix them as the Vikings prepare to host San Diego for a preseason game.LONG LINES AND THICK CROWDSLong lines have been the biggest complaint so far. Lines to get in, lines for fd and drink, and lines to the womens bathrms. Not to mention the crowded concourses packed with fans who were more interested in seeing the sights of the new stadium than finding their seats. Restrm complaints peaked with the heavily female audience for Luke Bryans country show Aug. 19; fewer were heard the next night from the heavily male audience for Metallica. The crowds at Vikings games skew male, but not as disproportionately as those two concert crowds, which should help. The packed concourses should be less of an issue after a few games when Vikings season-ticket holders figure out how to find their seats and the novelty of the new venue wears off. Yes, most fans probably will try to enter for the first time through the dramatic pivoting glass drs on the stadiums west side facing downtown, but theyll eventually learn which gates are closest to their seats.TANGLED TRANSITThe platforms at nearby light-rail stations remained packed shoulder-to-shoulder long after the soccer match Aug. 3 that served as the initial stress test for the new stadium. It tk Metro Transit 90 minutes to send everyone on their way. However, Metro Transit says departing fans had a much easier time catching their buses and trains after the Luke Bryan concert. Metro Transit will be using every available train for Vikings games. Metro Transit also has a dedicated U.S. Stadium page, and its encouraging fans to buy all-day passes in advance for the same price as a roundtrip, eliminating the need to stand in line for a ticket home.NOT FREE PARKINGParking wasnt cheap when the old Metrodome was still standing, and it hasnt gotten any cheaper. Street parking used to cost $15 around the Metrodome. It now costs $25, even several blocks away. A parking spot in the closest lot costs $52, while ramps a few blocks away cost in the $22-$39 range. The Vikings are encouraging fans to buy parking passes in advance, and the teams new app will give them turn-by-turn driving directions from their homes to their lots. Officials have broken up the area surrounding the stadium into four parking zones, for fans coming from the south, west, north and east respectively, to try to ease the confusion and congestion.MUDDY ACOUSTICSConcert-goers panned the acoustics of the new stadium, but it was built for ftball, not music. And the experience of the inaugural soccer match suggests that the echoes that turned the sound to sludge for Luke Bryan and Metallica could be just the thing for the Vikings. The echoing sound will amp up the roar of the crowd, bsting the energy for the fans and the home-field advantage for the Vikings. The Vikings have predicted that U.S. Bank Stadium will be louder than the legendarily noisy Metrodome. But itll be up to the fans to make that prediction come true.---Online:AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Nike Authentic Air Jordan . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation. Wholesale Authentic Air Jordan Free Shipping . -- Teemu Selanne scored the first goal of his 22nd NHL season, and the Anaheim Ducks extended the best start in franchise history with their fifth straight victory, 3-2 over the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. http://www.cheapauthenticairjordan.com/ . The No. 1-ranked Nadal tweaked his back warming up for the Australian Open final, which he lost almost four weeks ago in a major upset against Stanislas Wawrinka. His first stop after the layoff is the clay in Rio as he tests the back and tries to stay healthy for the French Open in three months. Authentic Air Jordan Outlet . Breaking three of his own world records on his way to winning in Paris, Chan silenced the critics and left the audiences standing in appreciation and awe. Authentic Air Jordan China . Toronto has dropped games to Indiana and Miami since a five-game winning streak and closed out a three-game road trip at 1-2. EUGENE, Ore. -- Allyson Felix, perhaps the biggest name in womens track and the owner of four Olympic gold medals and two silvers, has been to three Olympics with a fourth already secured in Rio by qualifying in the womens 400 meters earlier at the U.S. track and field trials. Jenna Prandini, meanwhile, has never been to the Olympics and failed to qualify in the 100 meters.Which made the finish in Sundays womens 200 final very interesting. And the wait to see the official results that much more agonizing.When the two crossed the finish line behind winner Tori Bowie and second-place Deajah Stevens, it was so close it wasnt immediately clear who had finished third to secure the final qualifying spot. Would Felix get to compete in the 200 for the fourth time at the Olympics and try for her fourth medal in the event? Or would Prandini realize her dream?I wasnt sure, Felix said. I just knew I gave all I had and leaned at the line.I was just hoping that was enough to get me on the team. It felt like a really long time, Prandini said. When the result finally showed on the board, I was overwhelmed with excitement.The photo finish showed Prandini had finished third by one one-hundredth of a second. She did so after having stumbled forward just before the line.It wasnt something that I intentionally did, but Im happy that it happened because it got me here, Prandini said. I knew that Allyson was coming, but II just wanted to get to that finish line and do whatever it tk to get on this team.ddddddddddddThis will be the first Olympics that Felix hasnt competed in the 200. She raced in both the 100 and 200 at the 2012 Olympics in London, winning gold in the 200 and finishing fifth in the 100. She also won gold in the 4x100 and 4x400 relays to become the first woman to win three golds in track in one Olympics since Florence Griffith-Joyner in 1988.This year, she decided to try for a different double in the 200 and 400. It was unclear whether Felix would be able to qualify in either because of a right ankle injury she suffered a few months ago while training.She qualified in the 400, blazing past the other runners down the stretch to win with a time of 49.68. So despite missing out on the 200, she still has that.I hate that shes not on the team in 200, but she made the team in the 400, said Bowie, who also qualified for the U.S. team in the 100. She still has something to lk forward to.Felix said she would not run any races before the Olympics, instead using the time to rest her body and recover.Ill just take the time we have to get back and perfect the 400, she said. I mean, the speed just wasnt there today. When I give all I have and I run 22.50, the speed just wasnt there. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 114 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen