position and it didnt quite go our way on occasions to

in Clan- und Funwars 25.02.2019 02:33
von mary123 | 2.355 Beiträge

Wahab Riaz comes from a privileged background. He studied at Aitchinson College, the prestigious, 129-year-old all-boys schl located in Lahore, where the motto is Perseverance Commands Success. He was an enthusiastic swimmer and hockey player at schl, and has grown into one of the worlds fastest bowlers, defying many barren pitches with his fury and adding a layer of raw menace to Pakistans bowling attack.His numbers - he averaged 34.66 before the Sharjah Test - dont quite do justice to his ability, and ever so often - such as during the Trent Bridge ODI in August, when he conceded 110 in his 10 overs - he can have a horror day. But while all that inconsistency might prevent him from being a great bowler, he is undoubtedly a bowler of great spells.On day three in Sharjah, he sparked another Test match to life just when it was drifting sleepily along, and just when the contest was slipping from Pakistans grasp. When he began his second spell of the day, West Indies were 311 for 7, leading by 30, and Kraigg Brathwaite and Devendra Bish had added 48 for the eighth wicket. Brathwaite was batting on 129.Brathwaite and the lower order could have extended the lead into truly uncomfortable territory for Pakistan, but that didnt happen. Wahab pinged Bish on the helmet with a bouncer before getting him caught behind in the fourth over of his spell. Then, in the space of 17 more reverse-swinging balls, he dismissed Alzarri Joseph and Shannon Gabriel as well, leaving Brathwaite stranded on 142 and limiting West Indies lead to 56.Wahab finished with figures of 5 for 88. It was only the second time he had taken a Test-match five-for.Its a gd batting track, and obviously ball wasnt doing that much so we had to make plans for specific batsmen, but it didnt work, Wahab said at the end of the day. So we had to return to basics, and thankfully I finally got the reward.Yes, the five-wicket haul came after a long gap, but if you lk, my debut match was in England and since then I have played major chunk of cricket in Asia. Pitches here arent sporting for the bowlers and you have do something unusual to take wickets, so I am happy with my progress and satisfied for fulfilling the teams plan.Wahab was returning to Pakistans attack after the team management rested him and Mohammad Amir for the second Test in Abu Dhabi in a bid to manage their workloads. Wahab said he had no issue going flat-out in the heat of the UAE, since it was his job to try and and coax life out of the slowest pitches.As far as workload is concerned, I know its really hard and I might be putting extra strain on my body, he said. But see, this is why I am representing Pakistan, as I am meant to give it all I have. I have a role to defy the pitch when other bowlers are not able to get something out of it. I am working hard even though it takes a lot out of me, but I am fit enough for this and I am happy playing such a role.Wahab said he was developing a gd chemistry with Amir, his partner in left-arm pace.Obviously there is self-belief, and the trust has started to build up and we both communicate with each other regularly, Wahab said. Sometimes we as bowlers get frustrated and the other bowler comes to you and gives better advice. So we are sharing thoughts and applying each others tactical advice against batsmen, and its a gd thing as a bowling unit.In the last hour of the day, Pakistans batting wobbled; they lost three wickets in the space of 17 balls to Jason Holder before their captain Misbah-ul-Haq fell playing an aggressive shot against the offspinner Roston Chase. It left them four down while still trailing by eight runs, before Azhar Ali and Sarfraz Ahmed saw them through to stumps with an unbroken stand of 39.Wahab said such things were part of cricket and it wouldnt be fair to blame the batsmen.Its cricket and it happens sometimes, he said. We are all working hard to win this Test match. I think somehow as batsmen and bowlers we lost our concentration for a while, maybe thinking that we will take back control and manage the situation. But we didnt execute well and we didnt capitalise, and lost our way. So I admit we made mistakes and it happens in cricket. Cheap Air Jordan 3 Free Shipping . -- Bobby Ryan helped the U. Cheap Air Jordan 3 . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. rmmate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil. http://www.cheapairjordan3.us/ . P.A. Parenteau scored early in the third period to help the Avs edge Toronto 2-1 on Tuesday night. Cory Sarich also scored for Colorado (3-0-0), which is off to its best ever start. Air Jordan 3 Wholesale . Jordan Lynch, the all-purpose Heisman Trophy finalist from Northern Illinois, failed to make it into that exclusive club. Cheap Air Jordan 3 Sale . Bth picked up 65 caps after making her national team debut in 2002 at the age of 17. She most recently played for Sky Blue FC of the National Womens Soccer League. "It just felt like it was my time to move on," she said in a phone interview from her hometown of Burlington, Ont. Gloucestershire 332 for 7 (Klinger 106*, Mustard 71, Miles 56, Magoffin 4-62) vs SussexScorecard When Michael Klinger punched Steve Magoffin to backward point, and the Sussex debutant Christian Davis dived forward, appearing to take a very fine low catch, he had 29. But as the fielders celebrated a wicket that would have left Gloucestershire reeling at 92 for five, Klinger was not for moving. He chose to leave the umpires to decide if the ball had carried and, after a lengthy conference, they decided he should stay. Sussexs fielders initially appeared dumbfounded, but their lips lsened just in time for the exchange of some terse words.Klinger, almost inevitably, was still there at the close with a century to his name, with his team in the ascendancy after a disastrous start on a pitch he had elected to bat first on. On fine margins do such games turn.Sussex were within their rights to grumble (just as Klinger had been within his to stand his ground), but by days end they had let their outstanding start go to waste. Steve Magoffin, trotting in from the Sea End, had lked the force of old, picking up the Gloucestershire top three in his first six overs, and Jofra Archer had forced Hamish Marshall to edge to Chris Jordan, who tk a fine catch at slip; Gloucestershire were ruinously placed at 34 for four.Magoffin tk upwards of 28% of Sussexs wickets during his first four years at the club, but his influence - on pitches often unkind to his art - has appeared to slightly wane this season, even if he still went into this game with his 25 wickets coming at 29. He was immediately into his work here, however, with his line, length and lots of lift making life uncomfortable for Gloucestershire. Will Tavare was bowled playing across the line, while Graeme van Buuren and Chris Dent pushed and were caught behind; the ball after the latter fell, Danny Briggs parried a very hard chance from Marshall in the gully. Never mind, Archers pace did for him shortly after.But then came some vintage Klinger fare; his driving was perfectly precise and his judgment outside off stump perfect, while he was always alive to the possibility of a single. On a day when the outside edge was beaten plenty, it is hard to recall the beaten blade being his. His contentious reprieve was his sole false stroke. He never really needed to put his ft down, but late in the day there was a nonchalant flick for six over midwicket and his cuts had more purpose t.Given the position he went in on, reflected his coach, Richard Dawson, it was a massivve achievement to be there at the end.dddddddddddd He just tk it ball by ball. Hes a soldier, he just carries on going. Hes a consistent person, the way he trains, hes very honest, he wants to succeed and is hungry and wants to make big runs. If he gets low scores, he doesnt let it get him down. Its very simple - he knows his strengths and he sticks to them, and the bottom line is that hes a quality bloke.Klinger anchored three vital stands. First, 133 with Phil Mustard, playing his first innings of note for Gloucestershire, a typically roistering affair full of punchy cuts and beautiful off-drives, before he was bowled trying to slog Briggs. Then there was 62 with Jack Taylor, who never fully settled as he lked to open up the offside and, after Taylor and Benny Howell fell in quick succession, an unbeaten 109 with Craig Miles, who had an aggressive half-century by the close of play.It was during the stand with Miles that Sussex seemed to rather drop their bundle. Twice, four overthrows whistled away to the fence and, on a pitch where the new ball is key (as evidenced by Magoffin first thing), their performance with the second one was profligate. As the seamers inexplicably dug the ball in, Ben Brown had to be at his most athletic behind the stumps, and still 18 byes slipped through. Miles, to his credit, batted like a man auditioning for a promotion, accumulating adroitly then feasting on Sussexs flagging seamers late on.It was a niggly day, and one of the most difficult to watch this season, said Sussexs coach Mark Davis, because we were in a gd position and it didnt quite go our way on occasions t. We werent gd enough to make our own luck. The new ball is key on this pitch because the ball is getting soft quickly and when it does get soft it gets harder to get people out. We didnt bowl well enough with it.On Klingers reprieve, Davis veered on the side of diplomacy. The umpires are there to make a decision, they made that decision and we have to move on, he said. Its done, its massively frustrating - I thought it just went straight to backward point and the umpires conferred and that was that. Its game-changing, and certainly day-changing. It is what it is, that happens in sport, and weve got to move on.He was right, the umpires had made a game-changing decision. But he also knew that going into day two, his side had plenty to bemoan besides Klingers prosperous pardon. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 83 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen