ue.If a team made a qualifying offer to a

in TeeLeague 20.02.2019 01:25
von lebaobei123 | 302 Beiträge

BORMIO, Italy -- Canadas Erik Guay was heavily influenced by the Crazy Canucks during his formative years on the slopes. Now hes breaking their records. Guay won World Cup bronze in the downhill on Sunday for his 21st career podium appearance. That broke the Canadian record by Steve Podborski, a member of the Crazy Canucks team in the 1970s and 80s. "Those are the racers I grew up watching and admiring," Guay said. "Its special." Overall World Cup leader Aksel Lund Svindal mastered the fresh snow conditions on the Stelvio course to win a downhill for his fourth victory of the Olympic season. The Norwegian clocked one minute 54.08 seconds to finish 0.39 seconds ahead of Hannes Reichelt of Austria. Guay was 0.51 seconds back in third, for a strong follow-up to his downhill victory in Val Gardena a week ago. "On the top it was difficult to be precise because it was soft and you cant push t hard with the edges," Svindal said. "So I just tried to ski the top part really well and then from the San Pietro jump down thats usually where Bormio is decided and that was to my advantage down there." Svindal trailed Guay at every checkpoint but then gained 0.65 seconds over the last few gates. Guay, from Mont-Tremblant, Que., made a slight but costly error, lifting up his left ski to regain his balance after cutting off a turn t sharply. "Maybe I got a little bit greedy on the bottom section trying to cut line and I paid for it," Guay said. Still, Guay has become Svindals top challenger in the speed events. "Im really excited about my skiing at the moment," said Guay, who has had knee surgeries the past two off-seasons. "For the first time I know why Im fast. Its not like it was a lucky shot in Val Gardena." The start of the race was delayed for 40 minutes due to fog and low visibility, and overnight snow provided a much softer surface than during the two training sessions Friday and Saturday. It was also snowing on the top half of the course during the race for early starters. Svindal extended his overall lead ahead of two-time defending champion Marcel Hirscher to 195 points. The Norwegian also leads the downhill standings and is shaping up as the top favourite for the speed events at the Sochi Olympics, which start in 40 days. Svindal won a medal of each colour at the 2010 Vancouver Games. Still, he had never won in Bormio and missed out on victory last season by 0.01 -- the smallest margin possible -- when Reichelt and Dominik Paris of Italy shared the victory. Paris sat out this race as he recovers from a fall in Val Gardena. "Maybe it wasnt as tough this year because it wasnt so icy but from the San Pietro jump down it was still fast and bumpy," Svindal said, referring to the courses biggest jump midway down. "This is a cl race to win." Calgarys Jan Hudec was 14th, Manuel Osborne-Paradis of North Vancouver, B.C., was 21st and Conrad Pridy of Whistler, B.C., was 29th. Robbie Dixon of Whistler was 32nd, Benjamin Thomsen of Invermere, B.C., was 37th and Jeffrey Frisch of Mont-Tremblant was 41st. The top American finisher was Travis Ganong of Squaw Valley, Calif., in 10th, while Bode Miller struggled with the conditions and finished 35th. "When I went it was dumping snow until halfway down," said Miller, who started 10th. "I couldnt see anything. ... I didnt really ski bad." It was Svindals 25th career World Cup win, moving him into sole possession of 11th place on the all-time list. One more victory and hell pull even with Austrian great Franz Klammer for 10th place on the list, which is led by Swedish legend Ingemar Stenmark with 86 wins. "I dont really think about that," Svindal said. "Its just fun to be where Ive been the last couple of years, every weekend fighting to win the race. I get to be nervous and excited every weekend." Just as impressive, Svindal became the first skier from outside Austria or Switzerland to win 20 World Cup speed races -- joining a select group that includes Hermann Maier (39 speed wins), Klammer (25 -- all downhill), Stephan Eberharter (24), Peter Mueller (21) and Pirmin Zurbriggen (21). Besides his win last year, Reichelt also won a super-G on the Stelvio in 2008. "Here I know what I have to do to be fast," Reichelt said. Bormio will also host the next mens race on Jan. 6, a Monday night slalom that was moved from Zagreb due to a lack of snow in Croatia. A New Years Day race in Munich was cancelled due to lack of snow. tballshoptitans.com/authentic-rashaan-evans-titans-jersey/" target="_blank">Rashaan Evans Titans Jersey . The alley-p lked easy -- just like everything else after halftime for the Miami Heat. James scored 32 points, Wade added 22 points and eight assists, and the Heat trailed by 11 early in the second half before running away to a 107-88 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. tballshoptitans.com/authentic-harold-landry-titans-jersey/" target="_blank">Harold Landry Jersey . -- C.J. Wilson parked his car and laughed while signing autographs for faceless fans who handed bats, balls and cards to the pitcher from the other side of a brick wall. tballshoptitans.com/customized/.Y" target="_blank">http://www.authenticftballshoptitans.com/customized/.Y. - Peyton Manning made his fifth MVP award a family affair. tballshoptitans.com/authentic-rashaan-evans-titans-jersey/" target="_blank">Rashaan Evans Jersey .Y. - DeMarre Carroll felt as though he couldnt miss in the second quarter as he outscored the Brklyn Nets 14-13 all by himself. tballshoptitans.com/" target="_blank">Tennessee Titans Jerseys . - This win was more the New Jersey Devils style.NEW YORK, N.Y. - Toronto Blue Jays outfielder Melky Cabrera has decided to test free agency.For the third straight year, baseballs free agents shunned qualifying offers from their former teams and chose to test the market.Cabrera was one of 12 players that decided not to accept a US$15.3 million offer by Mondays 5 p.m. EST deadline.World Series star Pablo Sandoval (San Francisco) also let the deadline pass, as did pitcher Max Scherzer and first baseman-designated hitter Victor Martinez (Detroit), and left-hander Francisco Liriano and Canadian catcher Russell Martin (Pittsburgh).The others were shortstop Hanley Ramirez (Los Angeles Dodgers), outfielder Nelson Cruz (Baltimore), right-hander James Shields (Kansas City), closer David Robertson (New York Yankees), and pitcher Ervin Santana (Atlanta).One of the dozen, Colorado outfielder Michael Cuddyer, became the first major free agent to switch teams when he agreed to a US$21 million, two-year contract with the New York Mets.Cabrera originally signed a two-year, US$16 million contract with Toronto in 2012 after serving a 50-game suspension for PED use while a member of the San Francisco Giants.Last season he batted .301 with 16 home runs and 73 RBIs in 139 games before a broken finger ended his year in early September.In 10 big-leaggue seasons, the 30-year-old has suited up for five teams, including the New York Yankees, Atlanta Braves, Kansas City Royals, Giants and Blue Jays.ddddddddddddIn the three offseasons of the current collective bargaining agreement, none of the 34 qualifying offers have been accepted.Players offered the qualifying offer carefully considered their options and decided to pursue further free agency rather than accept a $15.3 million contract in a market that should be robust given the economic health of the game, union head Tony Clark said in an email. I expect free agent compensation will be an important part of bargaining in 2016, as it has been over our entire history.An offer could be made only to a free agent who was with the team for the entire season. The price was determined by the average of the top 125 major league contracts this year by average annual value.If a team made a qualifying offer to a player who signs a major league contract with another club before the June amateur draft, his former club would receive a draft pick as compensation at the end of the first round.The club signing that player loses its first-round pick in the amateur draft, unless that pick is among the top 10, in which case the club signing that player loses its next-highest pick. diesfromchina.com/" target="_blank">Wholesale Hdies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Besucherzähler
Heute waren 439 Gäste online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 5840 Themen und 24610 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Xobor Forum Software
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen